DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New update for dji

If this is going to require a firmware update and one declines said update, no problems? If that is the case, this sounds like an opt-in solution and I am totally fine with that.

I flew my MP yesterday, no update here. I was very close to class B airspace. But all went well !

DJI's own Remote ID has been there for about 2 years now... Came on the Mavic Pro with update 01.03.0400 if I remember well, and all their aircraft released after around then have had it since launch.

DJI's own Remote ID has been there for about 2 years now... Came on the Mavic Pro with update 01.03.0400 if I remember well, and all their aircraft released after around then have had it since launch.
I'm sure it can't be hard to copy just like everyone copys the look of there drones

Just saw a YouTube video, and the guy that made the video, said DJI updated there app, and started the remote I.D in this update? Is this true? And it's been awhile since I turn on my drone, when update it does ask if We want to update? But does it give us the option to Not update?
Android or iOS???

This was a demo done in Canada. It was DJI showing that all they have to do is a firmware update to activate their proposed method of Remote ID.

So if the Mavic Mini pilots have to follow the same flying rules as other pilots, but they don’t have to register their drone with the FAA, what information would they be broadcasting? Or are they going to be exempt from remote ID altogether?

Z

Why does everybody want to get Remote ID - I don't?

My MP Pro is still on firmware version that I installed 18+ months ago. Not broke - no need to fix it! Not updating!
I certainly do not want Remote ID. I already had two issues with people approaching me threatening to ram the f***ing thing down my throat. I certainly do not need to advertise my location - no thank you!

The Mini is stable with v1.00.00.0300.
v1.00.00.0400 has a problem maintaining an level altitude - at least this is the case with my Mini. Tested this twice and I don't need to be convinced of the action that I have decided upon.

I started turning off all automatic updates a few years back with my P4. Everything is fine. Updates are a problem - especially when DJI do not test the release prior to releasing it.

Reactions: strdr
bureaucrats and programers just don't have a clue.... my two dji drones fly fine and fast and set up is easy... when I don't get one of their multiple warnings and blocks.... then it is a real pain to get past and sometimes you can't even when you know there is no reason you should not be able to fly... I'm talking commercial here where it seems the before mentioned people don't have a clue that TIME IS MONEY!

As far as I can understand the app is not for us it's for the general non flying public to open the app when they see one of us flying, but what I fail to understand is how if they are interested will they know about the app and are they going to bother downloading it because most people say over 55-60 will probably not have a smart phone. It's a very good idea if !!!!!!!!

If you haven't seen this, you should watch it. It explains the drone to phone better.

Finding some Benefits in this mess.

There our some bigger issues.

Most drone pilots keep there jobs a secret , meaning they dont just tell other drone pilots what companies hired them and where they our working so this is where I see some issues in the future.

Most likely there is going to be a fee for that app and no one is going to care about it , it will fade away as so many other apps have .

I can see how I am going to use it , for the next john doe that asks me about flying , I will whip that app out and use it any way i can to move my flight along as it might have more pull than a 107 permit .

Of course this type of Transparency always has its dark side.

It will be a nuisance for a month or so and fade away just like those number on the back of semis , that say how is my driving, no one liked that either , will get past it.

As far as those worried about being attacked , its a concern like any other and personal protection is always smart no matter where you go..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain / Snow
Coal
QUIT YER BITCHIN’
Don’t upload your firmware.....nobody cares anyway.
We all fly at the pleasure of the FAA...?

Updates often aren't necessarily bad - in my case (Mavic 2) updates added collision protection for various flight modes and features not available when the Mavic 2 was released! Thumbswayup
In the current Remote ID in Mavic 2, you can enter your own text - in my case I entered the drone's US and Dutch registration numbers and my cell phone number. If DJI would add the info that the FAA and European authorities require, is it fine by me as long as no private data are transmitted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman