DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New York City and No Fly Zones

XLR8R

Reactions
I got my Mavic a week ago and after spending a whole week watching videos and reading manuals (I like to be prepared and know what I'm doing before I send a drone in the air), I finally decided I was ready to take it out for a spin. It went well. A little bit later in the afternoon...I decided to take it out again. But this time...I noticed it asked me to update the firmware....which I did. After that...it won't let me take off cos apparently I was in a NO FLY ZONE. But It did ask me if I wanna override it...if I gave my credit card or phone number. Is that normal? And if they keep adding NFZ "bubbles"...pretty soon...there would be no where left to fly. What are your thoughts as experienced flyers?

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. If you’re new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.

I downgraded from 0500 to 0400 until they sort it. Also, try turning off GEO in the settings.

Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute