DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbe from Tacoma WA.

Welcome. I don't know what I expected at age 63, I thought I'd be one of the older members!! Glad to see you "Oldies but goodies" giving me hope for the future :)

A Vietnam Vet too. I can't even begin to imagine what that must have been like.

Are you in the chopper or in the car?
I was in the car. My 1966 Oldsmobile 442, 400 ci, 345 HP, 440 pf of torque vs FH1100 w/ 219 shp. Standing start drag race to the segmented circle in the middle of the runway. Who do you think won?

Reactions: mrjohnc1
That was my stomping grounds also. I thought it was 15 feet wide. If the airport is still open, you could Google Earth the width.
You would think I would remember in as much I learned to fly there and instructed there for a few years. I'll make a call and let you know.

That was my stomping grounds also. I thought it was 15 feet wide. If the airport is still open, you could Google Earth the width.
I just got off the phone with the former airport owner. The Runway was 20 feet wide. Many memories there.

Welcome to the forum. You need a new phone anyway, right? :)
I find that it's easier to edit video on my phone than on my computer. I recommend the largest phone (or a nice tablet) for that. Besides, you'll want to see the live feed from the drone while you fly and a larger, brighter screen will help with that.
I don't mean to make light of your predicament, but it will be worth the expense!
Happy flying.

Sadly I got sucked into the Mavic air 2 swamp! I have a Phantom3 expert that has served me well but I got drawn in by the hype and reviews. Sadly none of those told me about the fly software and it's incompatibility with my phone and many others in both android and IOS. So now I need to upgrade my phone and I not even sure that the less expensive phones from my cell co. will work! What a bummer!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair