DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Air Owner

Judge George

Reactions
Hi All

I have had my Air for a couple of weeks now and have to say it is fantastic. Having had various cheap versions of folding drones (as a learning curve) I decided to take the plunge and upgrade. Initially I was heading for a Second hand Spark but could not get to go see it at the last minute. Then spotted a fly more air for sale, unfortunately the chap had only had it a few weeks when a change of circumstances meant he had to sell it so I pushed the boat out and went for it.

I am so glad I did I still cannot believe that I can pick up the small bag and it contains all I need to have so much fun and capture some great shots.

Initially I used my IPhone 5s but find the screen is far too small so I now have a mount to take my iPad mini 4 and that makes a massive difference.

So that’s the story so far keeping flying fairly basic for now although have had her a reasonable distance away in the open and tried out RTH.

Will keep watching videos on You Tube and move on to some of the other functions in due course.

On the You Tube subject I watched several beginners guides several times before my first flight and made sure I was totally familiar with the app. I cannot recommend doing that enough.

Yup, there is a ton of YT videos out there, Ed Ricker's two videos on the initial setup and flight overview are an absolute must watch for anyone new to the Mavic Air and the DJI Go4 app. I can't count the number of times I watched those, learned almost everything.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Judge George

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito