DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from about a century ago

draver

Reactions
I just bought my first DJI Drone (Pro Platinum) and hope to be flying soon. I bought the first Parrot drone when they were first announced then waited about 6 months for them to ship. I still have it, and it's in perfect condition, but my how things have changed. I'm old. Really old, but this hobby should get me back outdoors and I still find it fascinating. I'm in Portland, Oregon so I need to find somewhere without so many trees for practice. Anyhoo...

I just bought my first DJI Drone (Pro Platinum) and hope to be flying soon. I bought the first Parrot drone when they were first announced then waited about 6 months for them to ship. I still have it, and it's in perfect condition, but my how things have changed. I'm old. Really old, but this hobby should get me back outdoors and I still find it fascinating. I'm in Portland, Oregon so I need to find somewhere without so many trees for practice. Anyhoo...
Howdy from Wyoming @draver , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to the forum, you are not too old.. age is a number, more active you are, that inner child comes out.. enjoy...

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

How old r u

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome Danny!
I used to live in the Portland area and am amazed at how developed it's become. Still, there are a lot of big schoolyards around that would give you some practice time. Have fun!

Draver,

Welcome to the forum, from a fellow noob.

It's the people that sit at home with their faces glued to the brainwashing box that grow old at a young age. Get out, work hard, play hard and try new hard things. This keeps a soul young and usually brings long life.

Welcome to the forum. I'm 72 so you'll find some other old-timers around here too.:)

Welcome, I also started with the Parrot but AR2. Once bitten it’s hard to shake the bug. Enjoy flying your new Mavic platinum, you have many years left to enjoy it...

I travel internationally several times a year and I am hoping to take my drone along. Has anyone had any issues from either the airlines or foreign country regulations? I generally go to major tourist cities like Rome, Sydney, etc.

Draver, I recently took my M2Z to the Dominican Republic and didn’t have any issues at all. I carried it on and had the batteries drained to about 30 percent. I flew American. I wouldn’t anticipate you having any issues. I did a lot of reading about flying with drones ahead of time and didn’t find any stories of people having issues.

I vaguely recall an article that flights to Dubai or UAE had some issues but I don't recall what it was. I was just curious if it might be a common issue. Thanks for the info.

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.
Best regards and good luck,

Rob

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique