DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from sunny South Africa

Mynah

Reactions
Hi everyone, time for me to stop lurking here and cautiously call myself a beginner drone pilot:) I have many hobbies and drone was yet another one on my bucket list, then spotted a Mavic Mini 'refurb' deal I simply could not ignore so I took the leap. And mainly thanks to this forum and the knowledge shared here I've logged 37 km without a mishap, and it includes night flying, strong winds and even ATTI flying indoors, all while experimentally pushing the limits as one tend to do with any new hobby. (There's adrenalin involved:rolleyes:)
I'll soon share my rookie experiences in the Mavic Mini thread, including my rudimentary yet successful efforts to push the CE limit using my hobbyist knowledge gained from messing about with radios.

Attachments

• MiniBoxWeb.jpg
    MiniBoxWeb.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America Derek ZA.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Hi everyone, time for me to stop lurking here and cautiously call myself a beginner drone pilot:) I have many hobbies and drone was yet another one on my bucket list, then spotted a Mavic Mini 'refurb' deal I simply could not ignore so I took the leap. And mainly thanks to this forum and the knowledge shared here I've logged 37 km without a mishap, and it includes night flying, strong winds and even ATTI flying indoors, all while experimentally pushing the limits as one tend to do with any new hobby. (There's adrenalin involved:rolleyes:)
I'll soon share my rookie experiences in the Mavic Mini thread, including my rudimentary yet successful efforts to push the CE limit using my hobbyist knowledge gained from messing about with radios.
Where in South Africa are you?

Reactions: Steel63 and Droniac
Greetings!

Where in South Africa are you?
I am Parys in the Freestate, in a small town on the banks of the Vaal river, and in the 300km diameter impact crater of a meteorite that struck 2 billion years ago.

Reactions: Steel63 and MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinskajitka