DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from sunny South Africa

Welcome Derek. I'm down in Cape Town. Hak Vrystaat! My ambition is to fly down the Big HOLE!!
I take it you are referring to this one, now you have my mind racing! Be sure to let me know when you've accomplished it.
PICT4122.JPG

Thats the one and only one. Not even sure who to approach for permission. Do de Beers still own the site or is it municipal now?
Being a heritage site and diamond field may make it difficult but I'm going to give it a try. I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: Steel63
Hi everyone, time for me to stop lurking here and cautiously call myself a beginner drone pilot:) I have many hobbies and drone was yet another one on my bucket list, then spotted a Mavic Mini 'refurb' deal I simply could not ignore so I took the leap. And mainly thanks to this forum and the knowledge shared here I've logged 37 km without a mishap, and it includes night flying, strong winds and even ATTI flying indoors, all while experimentally pushing the limits as one tend to do with any new hobby. (There's adrenalin involved:rolleyes:)
I'll soon share my rookie experiences in the Mavic Mini thread, including my rudimentary yet successful efforts to push the CE limit using my hobbyist knowledge gained from messing about with radios.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon