DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie Help ??

BongoBongo

Reactions
I dont have a drone yet, this post is to explore whether it suits my needs - therefore - whether to buy.
As I see it, a Drone is about 2 things: Task and Location. Task varies, some are used to take photos, others are used to deliver explosives.

That leaves Location - probably most important of all ! A drone is ALL about location, so I am expecting it will do anything location related.

I chose DJI as it seems market leader, but phone contact via DJI.com was severely limited by language mismatch (that's my polite version). It was suggested that I download user manual - but that was no help either.

So here's what I want to do: Give geographical co-ordinates to drone, then tell it "go there, take a photo, then return to launch point"

So that's my query to this forum: will a drone perform that task ? ( I'm in UK so would prefer to use co-ordinates in Ordnance Survey Grid Reference format ).

Thanks

Steve
_

Drones are about FUN. One day someone got the idea to strap a camera to one and here we are.
BUT Drones are about fun flying and Camera drones are about photography and observation.
What I am saying is If you are trying to find a valid reason for your drone purchase and you would not consider the act of flying it alone worth the money then you are setting yourself up for frustration. there is a small learning curve involved -Not much BUT its there.
As for the explosives thing I will only say that ignorant people will tape dynamite to rocks and throw it at someone else as long as ignorant people exist! and I will honor- Forum Rules - and leave that at that.
So here's what I want to do: Give geographical co-ordinates to drone, then tell it "go there, take a photo, then return to launch point"
That smells of beyond line of site! -- and I would take a long look at the regulations in your area for the use of autonomous Drones! Besides what you are asking to do is HIGHLY Illegal ! You must always see and MONITOR the drone while flying- Unless you get a waiver!

this is pure clickbait ,Bongo Bongo should have called yourself Bonkers Bonkers
go find something better to do

others are used to deliver explosives.
First of all,
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Secondly, where have you heard this?

First of all,
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Secondly, where have you heard this?
Giving OP benefit of the doubt and saying militaries of the world deliver explosives via drone pretty much daily. Granted OP used an odd choice of phrasing in the post.

Reactions: Torque
Giving OP benefit of the doubt and saying militaries of the world deliver explosives via drone pretty much daily. Granted OP used an odd choice of phrasing in the post.
Yup, several times a day the news reports the use of drones in war torn areas across the globe. To many in the world, the first thing they think of when they hear "drone" is a flying explosive device.
To say that drones mostly fulfill two purposes, carrying a camera or carrying explosives seems honestly logical to me.

Yup, several times a day the news reports the use of drones in war torn areas across the globe. To many in the world, the first thing they think of when they hear "drone" is a flying explosive device.
To say that drones mostly fulfill two purposes, carrying a camera or carrying explosives seems honestly logical to me.
Unfortunate BUT Very true Most people in the world look on our beloved toys as tools of Evil. Its quite sad really.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne