Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

newbie here and seeking advice to fly in Finland

anotherEd

Reactions
Site
flickr.com
hello all!

will be headed to Finland end of December and hope to get some aerials of Helsinki and Sodankylä.
main challenge is of course temperature. plan to keep batteries inside coat and keep flights close and short.
would greatly appreciate any suggestions and personal experiences!

Last edited:
hello all!

will be headed to Finland end of December and hope to get some aerials of Helinski and Lofton.
main challenge is of course temperature. plan to keep batteries inside coat and keep flights close and short.
You might consider getting the Wet Suit to keep the drone warmer and protect the battery.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Here is a good guide for flying in cold weather:
And here is a simplified overview of rules for drone flying in Finland:

What or where is Lofton? Do you mean the Lofoten islands in Norway?
thanks for the reply!

actually I’ll be in Helsinki and then Saariselkä. seems like basic common sense rules to follow and of course I’ll be flying my Mini2 vs my MavicZoom.

also we’ll be Paris which is a NFZ but was thinking of taking the train out to St. Michel which looks to be OK to fly around for a day trip.

thanks for the reply!

actually I’ll be in Helsinki and then Saariselkä. seems like basic common sense rules to follow and of course I’ll be flying my Mini2 vs my MavicZoom.
Seems like the average temperature in Helsinki in December is minus 3,5 Celsius (26 F). That is not a problem for the drone, but don't let the batteries freeze. Keep them warm (inside a jacket) before and after flying.
Where I live the temperature can be as low as minus 20 C (minus 4 F). I rarely fly in those temperatures.
Saariselkä is much further north, in Lapland, and in the winter it can be really cold there. I would be careful if it is colder than minus 10 C.

hello all!

will be headed to Finland end of December and hope to get some aerials of Helinski and Lofton.
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America anotherEd.

Have fun in Finland. :)

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

thanks and hope to get some shots but am going for the experience and getting good photos to be secondary.

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup
so far much more welcoming and helpful vs djiforums!

newbie to MavicPilots but have a fair amount of flight time (26hrs/1,000,000ft)

Nothing that you might have to done to legalize your drone here is the US counts once you are in Finland…

Have Fun and fly safe!

hello all!

Hello Ed.

Where is Helinski and Lofton ? Are you talking about the capital of Finland - Helsinki ? Lofton I have neva heard... Could you mean Lofoten Islands in Norway - our neighbouring country ? All the best from Helsinki. ; )

Welcome to the forum. We are happy that you are here. Please get involved and share your part of the world.

Hello Ed.

Where is Helinski and Lofton ? Are you talking about the capital of Finland - Helsinki ? Lofton I have neva heard... Could you mean Lofoten Islands in Norway - our neighbouring country ? All the best from Helsinki. ; )
thanks for catching that, Helsinki and then onto Saariselkä actually.
looking forward to our trip to your beautiful country!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000