DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

newbie questions...

Colorado_Dave

Reactions
Sorry if these have been addressed in the past....
  • Does my smartphone (iPhone 6Plus) require cellular service to work with my Mavic Pro Pt controller? My wife will be upgrading her phone soon and I was hoping to use the 6-Plus after it is disengaged from our Verizon plan.
  • Can I download my flight logs in a useful way, into a GPS application like Garmin's Base Camp? I would like to see my flight trails overlaid on a satellite imagery map just like i can see on the phone. I have the maps but not the flight trail info...
  • Are there any aftermarket quiet props, maybe carbon fiber? Want the 8331 style "quiet" design but more durability.
  • There was a little red/clear sticker on my Gimbal that I removed - was I supposed to leave that? What was it's purpose?
  • Does everyone do drone notification calls? I have a Medical Facility within 5 miles that rarely sees incoming helicopter traffic and I do call them. What questions do they typically ask - it seems like it is always different.

Reactions: Chirp
Sorry if these have been addressed in the past....
  • Does my smartphone (iPhone 6Plus) require cellular service to work with my Mavic Pro Pt controller? My wife will be upgrading her phone soon and I was hoping to use the 6-Plus after it is disengaged from our Verizon plan.
  • Can I download my flight logs in a useful way, into a GPS application like Garmin's Base Camp? I would like to see my flight trails overlaid on a satellite imagery map just like i can see on the phone. I have the maps but not the flight trail info...
  • Are there any aftermarket quiet props, maybe carbon fiber? Want the 8331 style "quiet" design but more durability.
  • There was a little red/clear sticker on my Gimbal that I removed - was I supposed to leave that? What was it's purpose?
  • Does everyone do drone notification calls? I have a Medical Facility within 5 miles that rarely sees incoming helicopter traffic and I do call them. What questions do they typically ask - it seems like it is always different.
Howdy from Wyoming @Colorado_Dave , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.
1) no cellular service is needed.
2) I do not think so
3) I have not seen any, and certainly none that I would trust
4) the clear sticker is/was to protect the lens
5) I do not know
6) good luck, have fun and be safe

Reactions: Colorado_Dave
  • Can I download my flight logs in a useful way, into a GPS application like Garmin's Base Camp? I would like to see my flight trails overlaid on a satellite imagery map just like i can see on the phone. I have the maps but not the flight trail info.
You can import them into BaseCamp. First upload them to Airdata.com, then you can download the KML
From there, you can import them into BaseCamp.

You also can open the KML with Google Earth.

Reactions: Colorado_Dave
Sorry if these have been addressed in the past.

...Does everyone do drone notification calls? I have a Medical Facility within 5 miles that rarely sees incoming helicopter traffic and I do call them. What questions do they typically ask - it seems like it is always different...

When I call a class B airport near my house they ask me where I will be flying, how high I will be flying, and the time my flight will start and stop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986