DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie with another question

AClineman

Reactions
Sorry if it’s a dumb question but I’ve been watching a lot of drone YouTube videos and notice some have music put them them, some don't. The ones that don’t are either silent or you hear the whirl of the props.
I have yet to fly my Platinum but got to wondering, does it have a mic? And why would drones record sound when all you seem to hear are the props or if in a crash someone yelling “oh #*&>” !! ? :D

Dang that was fast.
Thanks

DJI Go has a setting to record audio with the video cache, you can then use the audio track from your cached video and put it on your video from the SD card in post
033843mr3kz9nyris9c33s.png

Just keep in mind that the above option records audio from your device at the remote, not the drone. So, if you fly into a tree and say "words"... you will hear said "words" instead of tree-crash sounds.

Just keep in mind that the above option records audio from your device at the remote, not the drone. So, if you fly into a tree and say "words"... you will hear said "words" instead of tree-crash sounds.
Correct, sorry I didn't clarify, also when your drone gets further away from you the prop noise gets quieter of course. This is used more for narration but have seen some use for train sounds, water noise etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB