DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Hello from Minnesota USA and welcome to the Forum....There's a lot of good quality teaching/feedback going on in here. Just ask and the experts are great on providing feedback to you ... Remember to Fly Safe and Fly Smart.

Reactions: Droniac and MA2 317
Hi Fellow Mavic Pilots! Im new to the drone game having just recieved a Mini from my wife at Xmas. I realise its a very limited model given its age but im having great fun with it. Im already planning my upgrade next year :) Nice to find a forum like this to share experiences and photo/video. Anyone else here based in Norway?
Cheers!
Simon
Welcome from Long Island NY. That’s a great bird to start with. Don’t underestimate it. Quite impressive as you’ll see. Upgrade? Lol. Yeah, well that seems to be a given in this arena. But one step at a time. You will have a blast with the mini. I fly a Mavic2Pro. MavicPilots is a wealth of everything you need to know. Try search as it’s full of answers and if not ask. Flysafe and Godspeed, Droniac

Me again :) Less than optimal flying weather thanks to alot of low cloud/fog today but in my desperation to practise/play I went flying anyway - always keeping the drone in view. When it returned I noticed alot of condensation on the drone especially on the propeller props. Didn't seem to effect the flying abilities. I assume it's built to withstand some humidity just not a full submersion. Am I right?
Does a drone exist that can fly and fully submerge into water?! :D
If you’d like to explore what I consider “foul weather flying”, checkout @Phantomrain.org (who is verified sales by MavicPilots and has great insight and experience in this genre) check out his website and videos. You’ll be buying a neoprene wetsuit and rescue jacket, which, yup, lets you land on water in no time lol. Cool site, Very Cool people!!! I’m waiting for a good snow. Flysafe and have a blast! Godspeed, Droniac

If you’d like to explore what I consider “foul weather flying”, checkout @Phantomrain.org (who is verified sales by MavicPilots and has great insight and experience in this genre) check out his website and videos. You’ll be buying a neoprene wetsuit and rescue jacket, which, yup, lets you land on water in no time lol. Cool site, Very Cool people!!! I’m waiting for a good snow. Flysafe and have a blast! Godspeed, Droniac
Just checked it out and already picked out the wet suit for my mini :) Great tip! They didnt recommend the rescue jacket for the first mini - doesnt have quite enough power. Excited to get the colourful wetsuit.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Droniac
Just checked it out and already picked out the wet suit for my mini :) Great tip! They didnt recommend the rescue jacket for the first mini - doesnt have quite enough power. Excited to get the colourful wetsuit.
Happy to hear! As I’ve said in a past post that it need be installed correctly. Doing so gives you the seal from the water (esp battery). Good news is 2 fold. Totally doable and functional. The second being that Coal is a great guy. You’ll feel secure and have a blast. I’m waiting for a real snow by me. Still ! They reported snow yesterday snd today. Non snow. (tappin foot). I even have my “freeze my butt off cloths” on a chair on the ready lol.

Reactions: CaptainSimon

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61