DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Next Gen BT-300 Suggestions / Wishlist

kaz911

Reactions
I thought it would be nice with a wishlist for the Next Gen BT-300 :)

Here is my wish list:

1. Make new "computer" backwards compatible with current glasses - so you could maybe buy a faster "main computer" and keep glasses if you wanted to. I do find the current "computer" very slow - so I would probably buy a faster model - but I would not be amused if I had to buy all the accessories again - like prescription glasses & Rochester enclosure etc just because a designer thought a better look would be great. (Unless it gets adjustable PD of course - then I would upgrade it all right away)

2. Find a better track-pad/navigation solution - the current track-pad is absolutely a PITA

3. Deliver a Docking station with storage option (SD Card or USB3?) - so you can setup and configure on normal screen with keyboard and mouse.

Have an SD card in Dock for fast "restore" to a "standard configuration" - select a "device image" - and go! - That would also help in commercial settings like museums etc. need to keep an amount of devices with same configurations. Of course there should be a way to generate an Image for distribution as well.

4. IF glasses part gets updated - make it possible to move the view field - maybe up and down? That would increase usability if you could use it by looking down and then you would not have the optical distortion in the middle of your sight field.(So hinged optical) - if I'm looking at a repair project - maybe having the datasheet below my main/central field of vision would help?

5. Glasses - make PD adjustment possible.

6. Glasses - make double tap to blank less hardcore. Now I look like a moron when trying to double tap the glasses to "mute" the screen. Real buttons do also work quite well..... I love my Bose QC35 headset among other reasons because it has REAL BUTTONS. So I can turn on / off - increase / decrease volume without funny "touch commands" - my "muscle memory" knows where the buttons are.

so what do everybody else like to see in future generations of BT-300?

/k

Doesn't matter, because this isn't their forum. If you want to go make a wish list that might actually matter, post it on a BT-300 forum. Otherwise, this is like wishing that the next Mavic has a turret mounted on it.

Reactions: Irish-apple
Doesn't matter, because this isn't their forum. If you want to go make a wish list that might actually matter, post it on a BT-300 forum. Otherwise, this is like wishing that the next Mavic has a turret mounted on it.
here take my money .. mini gun on a mavic !

I thought it would be nice with a wishlist for the Next Gen BT-300 :)

Here is my wish list:

1. Make new "computer" backwards compatible with current glasses - so you could maybe buy a faster "main computer" and keep glasses if you wanted to. I do find the current "computer" very slow - so I would probably buy a faster model - but I would not be amused if I had to buy all the accessories again - like prescription glasses & Rochester enclosure etc just because a designer thought a better look would be great. (Unless it gets adjustable PD of course - then I would upgrade it all right away)

2. Find a better track-pad/navigation solution - the current track-pad is absolutely a PITA

3. Deliver a Docking station with storage option (SD Card or USB3?) - so you can setup and configure on normal screen with keyboard and mouse.

Have an SD card in Dock for fast "restore" to a "standard configuration" - select a "device image" - and go! - That would also help in commercial settings like museums etc. need to keep an amount of devices with same configurations. Of course there should be a way to generate an Image for distribution as well.

4. IF glasses part gets updated - make it possible to move the view field - maybe up and down? That would increase usability if you could use it by looking down and then you would not have the optical distortion in the middle of your sight field.(So hinged optical) - if I'm looking at a repair project - maybe having the datasheet below my main/central field of vision would help?

5. Glasses - make PD adjustment possible.

6. Glasses - make double tap to blank less hardcore. Now I look like a moron when trying to double tap the glasses to "mute" the screen. Real buttons do also work quite well..... I love my Bose QC35 headset among other reasons because it has REAL BUTTONS. So I can turn on / off - increase / decrease volume without funny "touch commands" - my "muscle memory" knows where the buttons are.

so what do everybody else like to see in future generations of BT-300?

/k
I like the idea of being able to upgrade the computer part of it. That's assuming the next iteration is a better set overall, with like you said, IPD adjustment. I also agree the trackpad is annoying. I would also like the next set to be a little less bulky and a little more comfortable.
Epson has an account here and they frequent the Moverio section fairly often.

Stop the **** thing from overheating in hot and humid conditions. Solve that they I will think of other things.
Off to LOS again in 3 weeks and I know its going to over heat and black out on me.
Epson watch these threads like a hawk. Its their business.
Will post with new thread.

Good luck, it's already their 3rd iteration and in none of them have they implemented absolutely anything of the important stuff or what would have made sense even when suggestions came form industry professionals.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy