DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Next Product (Not Mavic 2)

tcope

Reactions
Having gotten _really_ tired of the "Mavic 2" "announcements", I' have been thinking about what I think will be the next release from DJI. Or more to the point, what they _should_ release next.

I don't think it will be or should be another drone. What DJI needs to release is a hand held 3 axis camera stabilizer.

DJI has the Osmo but this is either a cell phone stabilizer or has DJI's proprietary camera attached. They also have the Ronin but this is a huge professional rig. What they need is something like the Zhiyun Crane. Granted, it would compete slightly with the Osmo but IMHO, the Osmo is not a very good product and also dated at this time. Also, DJI already has 90% of the camera gimbal already in production. If they can come out with the Spark, the Mavic and the Air, I cannot see why they would not come out with something in between their gimbals.

I think DJI should come out with this device and if they do, I think it will be the next release from DJI... not the "Mavic 2".

Ahem............

See. I was right!

I did look a few of the other Ronins but skipped over the S. Kind of funny though... it's to be released soon and (I'm being honest) I did not know this.

I think DJI is 6-12 months behind the curve on this product. DJI should have been one of the first companies to release this. Also, it really needs to be around $500. I'm doubting it will be, rather probably around $600.

It appears to have been announced 1/2018 and it's _still_ not out? As I said, DJI is already 6-12 months behind the release curve.

Also, DJI's Osmo needs to add optical tracking. Without it, DJI might as well close the door on that product as well. No reason it should not already have it.

I predict that DJI will start losing in the drone market as well. This is unless their next drone has a ton of sensors and their visual tracking become _much_ better.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat