DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ Limit

Kirstyg

Reactions
Hi all

I'm hoping that someone can help me out and explain the NFZ limits in a bit more detail as I'm struggling to find any detailed information.

I have flown my Mavic Pro a few times in the same location with no issues but then I updated the DJI Go app etc and now at the same location the remote comes up with 'NFZ LIMIT' and the camera preview has hashing across it. I was actually able to take off and fly, but obviously not ideal when you don't have a clear preview.

I have checked on the Fly Safe map and can see that I was in what is classed as an 'Altitude Limited' area. This might explain why I was able to still fly, but what about the weird hashing over the camera preview.

I've attached a screenshot from the Fly Safe map showing the location I was in.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated!

FYI - I'm not really interested in workarounds such as rolling back the app. These updates are there for a reason, and if I can no longer fly at this location then so be it. I just want to understand clearly what the restrictions are.

Attachments

• DJI-FlySafe-screenshot.png
    DJI-FlySafe-screenshot.png
    129 KB · Views: 42
Looks like it is "ultralight operating area" based on Otherton Airfield. Get the free "Drone Assist" app for UK warnings - it helps. I fly a lot near (but well outside the safety area for) Cumbernauld 'International' Airfield.

You're also rather close to the M6.

The hashing is likely not to be connected to the altitude limiting - it sounds like it might be the over-exposure warning being turned on and kicking in. Bright that day?

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
Looks like it is "ultralight operating area" based on Otherton Airfield. Get the free "Drone Assist" app for UK warnings - it helps. I fly a lot near (but well outside the safety area for) Cumbernauld 'International' Airfield.

Thanks, will check out Drone Assist

You're also rather close to the M6.

The hashing is likely not to be connected to the altitude limiting - it sounds like it might be the over-exposure warning being turned on and kicking in. Bright that day?

Over-exposure - of course!! That makes perfect sense! Didn't even think of that as I just assumed it was to do with the NFZ warning as that's the first time either of those things ever happened! Thanks for the help

Reactions: Idrach
I have been flying around my neighborhood for a couple of years but now NFZ I'm only 1 block inside the Zone and my motors won't start. This Sucks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21