DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"No Drone Zone" posters in Italy, how legally binding are they?

Avistu

Reactions
Site
www.viajablog.com
Hi all, I´m travelling around Italy and stumbled upon two of this signs in the same area. The official map for the Ente Nazionale per l'Aviazione Civile (Italian Civil Aviation Authority) shows no restrictions in the area for a drone flight. As I am UE-wide certified as a pilot, registered as an operator, have a valid insurance and fly a <250gr Mini 2, I am wondering if there is any legal enforcing value on them, if there would be any issue if I still fly my drone and someone calls the Carabinieri or the Polizia Locale to complain.

I, ahem, did fly my drone but I missed some good shots.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-18 at 23.11.01.jpeg

You don't live there. Don't fly. If government put them there, they'll be after you if you fly. If a private citizen put them there, he has a chip on his shoulder and he will be after you. Move on.

Reactions: FLDave and Cafguy
The land owner probably has the legal right to impose a ban on drones being launched or landed on their property. Ditto the pilot being on their property whilst flying a drone.
I doubt they have the legal right to prevent over flight ....... providing you were not 'peeping' or invading their privacy.

Reactions: Cafguy
Remember when you go before the judge he is a local. The people you're going against are his neighbors and relatives and you are the stranger. Move on.

Reactions: Cafguy
If you don't reside in Italy I would do what the sign says.
If I saw such I sign I would seek permission FIRST before I flew.
In the U.S. For the sign to be "legally Binding" The sign must include the ordinances that forbid the action Plus the posting parties info. ( Like you see at the Bottom on all legal signage here.)
Actionable or not you Don't want to make the locals angry. Don't fly there.
One more thing...It is Bathing season in Italy (Yes its a thing) and places around water and the beaches are off-limits until Sept. are you sure this sign was not posted for that?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bingham