DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

no fly zone

Bitrootvz

Reactions
here is a funny one, I went to fly today at my school and after updating the nofly firmware I shut down 2 times because we are near the county jail. Pretty funny if you knew the size of our town. Like I was going to facilitate an escape with my mav. pro.

here is a funny one, I went to fly today at my school and after updating the nofly firmware I shut down 2 times because we are near the county jail. Pretty funny if you knew the size of our town. Like I was going to facilitate an escape with my mav. pro.

People have used drones to smuggle in contraband to inmates. It's not just about somehow using them to escape.

Reactions: brett8883
Question, when you say “shut down” what do you mean? I live near such a facility and just haven’t flown in that direction. And how far where you from the facility before you shut down? Thanks in advance.

sorry for the late response been busy. the props started to turn on and immediately shut off and a message came up on my phone that can't take off due to location of the jail.

Reactions: Blakjac
This year at our annual camping trip to the beach @ Camp Pendleton the software restrictions kicked in and I could only launch at the waters edge and fly over the water. The problem was it would only return 25' from shore. Luckily it wasn't a steep decline and was able to retrieve it while only up to my ankles. Needless to say, that was sadly my last flight there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J