DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noise test: DJI Mavic 3 Pro vs. Original Mavic 3

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions

I was curious as to whether the Mavic 3 Pro might be quieter than the original Mavic, so I put together this noise test! It took a lot of takes to get the recordings this clean, and I have a hard time deciding which is louder, or if they're both the same!

Props have any difference? Numbers the same on the props?

There is absolutely no difference in props or batteries. All Mavic 3 are identical except for the camera (and weight of the camera/gimbal) and in some cases the weight of the SSD drive. That being said, based on weight, and the speed of the props needed to carry the different weights, the noise level from quietest to loudest "should" be:
Mavic 3 Classic
Mavic 3
Mavic 3T
Mavic 3 Cine
Mavic 3 Pro
Mavic 3 Pro Cine

The weight of the drone should be the issue here.

Due to the slight weight difference, you will hear sound of different pitches, but the noise level is the same for M3 and M3P.

There is absolutely no difference in props or batteries. All Mavic 3 are identical except for the camera (and weight of the camera/gimbal) and in some cases the weight of the SSD drive. That being said, based on weight, and the speed of the props needed to carry the different weights, the noise level from quietest to loudest "should" be:
Mavic 3 Classic
Mavic 3
Mavic 3T
Mavic 3 Cine
Mavic 3 Pro
Mavic 3 Pro Cine
the specs at DJI:

Mavic 3 - 895 grams
Mavic 3 Classic - 895 grams
Mavic 3 Cine - 899 grams
Mavic 3 Pro - 958 grams
Mavic 3 Pro Cine - 963 grams