DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Non-OEM low noise props, yay or nay?

SunnyD

Reactions
I ordered a “set” of 8331 low noise props last week, they arrived... and it was only 2 props. Turns out a “set” of props for mavic is 2, unlike a “set” for phantom, which is 4.
Anyway, I need to order 2 more, which are $32 from the Dji store (with shipping), $18 from BH photo, or there are plenty of “for DJI” ones floating around for $4-8/set, like these:

I like to use only OEM batteries and props, but it’s pretty hard to find mavic 1 props now. Any experience with aftermarket 8331s?

Reactions: Bill combs
Not worth the risk at all in my world.
Hopefully you didn’t order from the link you provided.

Reactions: gphinney
please do not purchase cheap so called DJI props, they are often made from cheap plastic and not very well made ,they may appear to be ok, but when they fail in flight that usually means the end of your drone, a lot of the way to spot them is in the wording for example suitable for DJI mavic is not the same as genuine DJI mavic pro props, and of course DJI sell them in pairs as you found out, so a pack of 4 probably means they are not genuine i would just like to add that reputable after market props such as master air screw do exist and i am not trying to give them a bad name it is an individuals choice if they decide to go for them

Turns out a “set” of props for mavic is 2, unlike a “set” for phantom, which is 4.
DJI always sells props in a single pair. I've never seen them sell 4 together (even for Phantoms).

I like to use only OEM batteries and props, but it’s pretty hard to find mavic 1 props now
OEM props are still easy to find these days. You can pick up another set of 8331 props for $11/12 here on Amazon:

I've gotten good deals with Best Buy on props, when you consider shipping with other sources. Often your local store will have them.

I here you about shipping costs with DJI store. Ridiculous for accessories like this.

I ordered a “set” of 8331 low noise props last week, they arrived... and it was only 2 props. Turns out a “set” of props for mavic is 2, unlike a “set” for phantom, which is 4.
Anyway, I need to order 2 more, which are $32 from the Dji store (with shipping), $18 from BH photo, or there are plenty of “for DJI” ones floating around for $4-8/set, like these:

I like to use only OEM batteries and props, but it’s pretty hard to find mavic 1 props now. Any experience with aftermarket 8331s?
i bought a set of after market props just to see if there were any difference and i found out they are not the same,the aftermarket props are cheaply made

Reactions: old man mavic

IF they are DJI, then sure.. I wouldn't pay 32 bucks for them though, thats a ripoff if you want my honest opinion. I wouldn't put anything other than DJI and Airscrew props on my mavic! Good Luch

My last comment was referring to the link you posted with your initial comment. Those are OEM props, definitely don't put anything on other than DJI or Air Screw.. I say AirScrew as I bought them when they first came out and I have used the props prolly 50 flights now and they are the same as if I just took them out of the packaging, minus a few bug splatters and couple microscopic limbs!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121