DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Normal Flying Battery Temps?

Thundr

Reactions
What are your maximum flying battery temperatures on the Mavic Air 2? And what do you consider "normal? Also, at what point, do you call off a flight and return home due to high battery temp? According to Airdata, my max recorded battery temps are:
  • Battery #1 - 131.9°F (55.5°C)
  • Battery #2 - 130.1°F (54.5°C)
  • Battery #3 - 129.0°F (53.9°C)

Reactions: E90RAW
What are your maximum flying battery temperatures on the Mavic Air 2? And what do you consider "normal? Also, at what point, do you call off a flight and return home due to high battery temp? According to Airdata, my max recorded battery temps are:
  • Battery #1 - 131.9°F (55.5°C)
  • Battery #2 - 130.1°F (54.5°C)
  • Battery #3 - 129.0°F (53.9°C)
All normal. You will see >60 Celsius if you get the cells down toward 3 volts per cell (9/total). The volts are the important number for when to come home, not the %. No LiPo batt should go below the 3volt/cell landmark. This includes stored batts. DJI has a very conservative algorithm for their batts, sending you home at 3.5 volts, I think, on the mini. You could push the limits on that with plenty of reserve. I have had my M2P/M2Z at 0% batt but the volts were at 3.3-3.2 volts/cell. The RTH of course was activated but I could override it. The only issue with the higher temps is lithium oxidation of the LiPo cell. LiPo is already at a disadvantage compared to NiMH and are only good for 150-200 cycles, so the more you let the cell run down, the higher the temps, and the more oxidation, the less cycles you will get out of it.r

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78