DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Northeast Pennsylvania!

In the Saylorsburg-Brodheadsville area. Just got a Mavic Pro last week. Looking for places to fly.
Welcome...my parents just live a little south of you in Nazareth. You all have plenty of open area up there to fly.

Reactions: RobinP
Just wanted to update everyone - back around mid November I had asked if anybody local to me (Towanda / Wyalusing area) had a Mavic Pro that I could check the connectivity of my Android phone with. I wasn't able to locate anybody at the time who was fairly close to me. So, after tons of research I decided to go out on a limb and purchased the Fly More Combo. I have to say that other than some firmware update issues, flying this drone has been absolutely amazing!! I have not had any issues at all with my Droid Turbo android phone, and absolutely love flying the Mavic Pro! I've also started making short educational and yet scenic videos of different things in my area, so everyone is welcome to check them on Youtube. Just search my username - speedypickup (all one word, not spaced like Youtube wants you to do...lol). Feel free to subscribe to my channel and like my videos if you want to see more. As the weather allows, I'll get more videos made and posted hopefully soon. Thanks a million to all on here in these forums that have helped me greatly in my quest to obtain and fly the Mavic Pro!
~Steve
OutlawMedicPhotos.com
Youtube.channel - speedypickup

Reactions: Rich Hudman
Just wanted to update everyone - back around mid November I had asked if anybody local to me (Towanda / Wyalusing area) had a Mavic Pro that I could check the connectivity of my Android phone with. I wasn't able to locate anybody at the time who was fairly close to me. So, after tons of research I decided to go out on a limb and purchased the Fly More Combo. I have to say that other than some firmware update issues, flying this drone has been absolutely amazing!! I have not had any issues at all with my Droid Turbo android phone, and absolutely love flying the Mavic Pro! I've also started making short educational and yet scenic videos of different things in my area, so everyone is welcome to check them on Youtube. Just search my username - speedypickup (all one word, not spaced like Youtube wants you to do...lol). Feel free to subscribe to my channel and like my videos if you want to see more. As the weather allows, I'll get more videos made and posted hopefully soon. Thanks a million to all on here in these forums that have helped me greatly in my quest to obtain and fly the Mavic Pro!
~Steve
OutlawMedicPhotos.com
Youtube.channel - speedypickup
Glad you're enjoying your Mavic

I believe you could fly at Long Pond Conservation Easement behind the raceway. Also Beltzville, Mauch Chunk Lake. I also did not see any ordinances for the many Stroud Region Parks – details at Parks.

Last edited:
Nazareth PA checking in. Getting my Mavic Air next week!
Just curious if there is a general forum on tips/tricks/rules for first timers. I want to be responsible and not lose or destroy my drone so basic info would be appreciated.

Reactions: JoMaMa
Just curious if there is a general forum on tips/tricks/rules for first timers. I want to be responsible and not lose or destroy my drone so basic info would be appreciated.

Welcome! Usually you just search for the answers your looking for, and if you can't find them, post in either Mavic Air Help or Mavic Air forums.

My first tip is to charge everything first, get all firmware updated, and then read the manual while connected to the Air. Gives you a hands on experience, instead of just reading a book. Also, before your first flight, make sure beginner mode is enabled. This will limit the distance and speed, so you can get comfortable flying.

Reactions: JoMaMa and Et2frank
a ton of good youtube videos out there for beginners and advanced.

Bethlehem here. Getting my MA tomorrow. Super excited.
Trying to find like minded drone pilots in the Lehigh Valley. Looking forward to seeing more in these forums. Had mine up a lot in the Bethlehem area. Good to know I'm not the only one...

Being new to an expensive piece of machinery is exciting and daunting at the same time. I'm in the Lehigh Valley area as well and hope to find more people locally to fly. Hope your new experience is going well so far.

Bought a Mavic Pro platinum... I am in the Philadelphia region. If anyone wants to meet up on the weekends.

Bought a Mavic Pro platinum... I am in the Philadelphia region. If anyone wants to meet up on the weekends.

I have my military drills one weekend a month at Mcguire afb, i would love to fly by the Camden Aquarium at the river. Maybe we can meet up some time there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21