DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Northeast Pennsylvania!

Just checked the sectional and the closed runway actually shows up on it. We are going to be flying right outside Philly class B reach so were good there. We are within five miles of a couple airports. I'll grab the phone numbers in the morning so we can notify them that we'll be flying in the area. Considering one is a heliport that's closed on weekends, and the other is a private one - I'd say were all good.

View media item 214

Reactions: Rich Hudman
Using the KnowBeforeYouFly website all I really notice is that the entire region is a Heliport and the contact info is:
Heliports
CONTROL DYNAMICS
Phone: +12159560700
MAHON
Phone: +12159380630

Using the KnowBeforeYouFly website all I really notice is that the entire region is a Heliport and the contact info is:
Heliports
CONTROL DYNAMICS
Phone: +12159560700
MAHON
Phone: +12159380630

Good catch. I usually use their app before I fly, will use website too. Odd that 31PN helipad doesn't show up on an actual sectional chart. It seems like it's a helipad for a business. According to their website they are closed today.

Looks like its going to be a great day...semi-warm & no wind

I'm trying to decide on whether or not to ride my bike up there.

I'm trying to decide on whether or not to ride my bike up there.
I guess for the MAvic that makes it nice. Not so easy to lug around a P3S will all the equipment. But if you do decide to use your jeep, can you bring the P4 Pro and the FPV racers? Would love to check those out.

Just got here, it's a little windy. I'm in the stone parking lot by the soccer fields

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Is that the old Willow Grove Naval Air station? My father retired from the Pa Air National Guard there back in the late 90s
This is the old Naval Air Development Center (NADC), also known as Johnsville Naval Base. I used to work there back in the 80s. Willow Grove is about 5 miles west of there. I also used to fly P3s (the one made by Lockheed, not DJI :) ) from there in the 90s.

BTW, that runway is 8000 feet long, so would make for some good distance testing.

I would like to come fly with you guys, but can't today. Maybe next time. Have fun.

Last edited:
Great meeting the 2 of you today. Next time I'll bring all my toys for Mike to play with.

Attachments

• PA_NEWYEARSDAY.jpg
    PA_NEWYEARSDAY.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 18
Great meeting the 2 of you today. Next time I'll bring all my toys for Mike to play with.

Had a blast! Thanks for letting me fly the Mavic. Working on looking at all the video footage I took. So far I've done my Max distance video...which happen on the first flight.

Working on editing all the other parts now.

For those of you who couldn't make it today, here's a pic of the runway.

Attachments

• DJI_0007.jpg
    DJI_0007.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 17
Had a blast! Thanks for letting me fly the Mavic. Working on looking at all the video footage I took. So far I've done my Max distance video...which happen on the first flight.

Working on editing all the other parts now.
Wow how did I miss all that ****?

@Toto these pics are for you: TBS Vendetta and the 210 QAV that I built. Mind you that i can't fly either of them...LOL

Attachments

• TBS.JPG
    TBS.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • QAVR-210.JPG
    QAVR-210.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Created this mission to test out tomorrow. Problem is since I'm still waiting for my Mavic Pro, I'm limited to Phantom 3 Standard Ranges. My longest range with a foil extender is around 2000 feet. So I could be able to do this mission ok...but not get to the abandoned buildings. So I'll count on you guys to get those shots.

Figured along with this I'll do some orbits as well....and will have to get a pano of the pano for sure. Will make sure all three batteries are charged.

And yes, I email BH Photo every week asking when my Fly More Combo is coming....get generic responses.

View media item 213

Litchi will down load the mission to the phantom 3. If it disconnects because of going too far, it will still finish the mission.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929