DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Northern Beaches Sydney

A short vid of the Northern Beaches of Sydney, my local area. Taken on a Mavic Air 2.
Hi Terry
wow, everything is just right in your video, great editing, great shots/flying and perfectly fitting music. And then the dolphins and the jumping whales, just top class!
Thanks for sharing and compliments for this top notch Video ?????
cheers Paul

Reactions: TerryToast
Loved it. Being an old “peninsula person” it took me back to great memories of our beautiful Northern Beaches. Brilliant flying, and colour grading that pops! Thanks for sharing ?????
Thanks Squidinc.

The colour grading was done using the FilmPoets LUTs. If you haven’t tried out those LUTs, I highly recommend it.

Enjoyed Sydney many moons ago. Loved Bondi Beach and that crazy boat ride thru the harbor to it.

Hope to be back in that area soon, as have friends who live up on Gold Coast.
I haven’t filmed at Bondi or any of Sydney’s Eastern Beaches yet. I’ve been thinking about it, but it’s tough to justify driving 40 mins to Bondi beach when I live at Manly beach.

First world problems. :)

Hi Terry
wow, everything is just right in your video, great editing, great shots/flying and perfectly fitting music. And then the dolphins and the jumping whales, just top class!
Thanks for sharing and compliments for this top notch Video ?????
cheers Paul
Great praise! Thank you Paul.

Finding the right music is tough and rather expensive! I bought the rights to use this song from Musicbed which is a great business idea (for them and musicians) but I can’t imagine many YouTubers ever recovering these costs.

NSW has some sensible whale (and other Cetacean) watching rules for drone pilots, unlike most other states of Australia.
Sadly none of the whale-drone regulation is sensible. The squawking seagulls who follow the whales make a lot more noise than any drone. The whale-drone rules should be the same “30 metres rule” which applies to humans-drones.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
The whale-drone rules should be the same “30 metres rule” which applies to humans-drones.

Personally from the research on this I've read 30m would be fine.
The 100m you have there is far better than our 300m, at our distances it's simply a waste of time even considering using a consumer drone to film whales or dolphins, seals etc.
Safe flights to you and look forward to seeing more of the metro Sydney coastline from you.

Safe flights to you and look forward to seeing more of the metro Sydney coastline from you.
While it’s tempting to film more of the Sydney coastline, to grow and build experience I’m thinking I might try something else.

Maybe buy a normal camera that does good 4K video and mix some ground level shots in with my drone footage.

Maybe try a project where I film in the mountains.

I’m not sure yet. I’m stuck in Covid lockdown anyway, so no hurry to decide.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Excellent video, great job editing, perfect music selection. Thanks for sharing. I was in Sydney many moons ago (before you were born) while on R & R from Vietnam.
B52-D
Blue Skys & Happy Contrails ➰

While it’s tempting to film more of the Sydney coastline, to grow and build experience I’m thinking I might try something else.

Maybe buy a normal camera that does good 4K video and mix some ground level shots in with my drone footage.

Maybe try a project where I film in the mountains.

I’m not sure yet. I’m stuck in Covid lockdown anyway, so no hurry to decide.

Consider the DJI Pocket, brilliant little piece of kit with its stabilised gimbal (just like the drones).
Pocket, or Pocket 2 a little more advanced, can film 1080 or 4k, once you know how the gimbal works, various functions / settings and the way it moves when walking (best way to hold it), it's very good.
They do brilliant hyperlapses.
So small too.

You've got ample variation of places to fly, the Great Diving Range gives some great options, as too the many rivers and bushlands around the region.

Haven't used mine much to mix in but might try that too.
Just realised I did have one Pocket video uploaded I can show you . . . tis was one of my first times using it, mainly photos and a couple of hyperlapses.
This was very windy, the last hyperlapse was just sitting on a rock, no tripod, never do the hyper without tripod (small fold up ones are good).

Excellent video, great job editing, perfect music selection. Thanks for sharing. I was in Sydney many moons ago (before you were born) while on R & R from Vietnam.
B52-D
Blue Skys & Happy Contrails ➰
I hope you get a chance to return to Sydney. If you do, I would highly recommend you jump on a ferry from Circular Quay (CBD) to Manly. It costs about $10 and the scenery on the trip through the harbour and at Manly itself, is amazing.

Reactions: Grippy
I hope you get a chance to return to Sydney. If you do, I would highly recommend you jump on a ferry from Circular Quay (CBD) to Manly. It costs about $10 and the scenery on the trip through the harbour and at Manly itself, is amazing.
I love the ferries in Sydney, very relaxing way to travel on a summer's Arvo , last time we were there we bought some pass that allowed unlimited travel, saved a packet with the pricey single fares, still no way to get around that stupid airport fee though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR