DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Very well done sir!! My only critique would be the rapid zoom transitions. The footage is so smooth and those transitions muck it up a bit. I realize you were doing them in pace with the music. That’s nitpicking on my part because that video is stunning!

Reactions: MikeC and rfc
Very well done sir!! My only critique would be the rapid zoom transitions. The footage is so smooth and those transitions muck it up a bit. I realize you were doing them in pace with the music. That’s nitpicking on my part because that video is stunning!
Always appreciate constructive criticism. Some people like the transitions and others don't. I don't put them in most of my work.

Thanks for the reply. Quite new to photography and video and there's a lot to learn so this will give me a starting point to try. Thanks again for sharing your wonderful video, loved it.

Hi Gunglejim, I've had the lovely opportunity to be in the film/video business for years (23) and only NOW have gotten a interest in editing (retired). Trust me when I say you will find this video not only a starting point but a bar by which all others (a lot anyway, subjective) will be judged as you grow. The scenery is spectacular.

Footage from this winter and summer with the Mavic Pro and time lapses of the Northern Lights
Despite the fact that you are seriously cheating .... by having that incredible natural wilderness as your back yard (read "envy", "jealousy", etc) ... it's a captivating and beautiful video.
Rummaged through some of your other YTs ... blimey, you're so blessed with that landscape!

Despite the fact that you are seriously cheating .... by having that incredible natural wilderness as your back yard (read "envy", "jealousy", etc) ... it's a captivating and beautiful video.
Rummaged through some of your other YTs ... blimey, you're so blessed with that landscape!
Believe it or not I get that a lot even here from locals! I tell them to wake up with me at 3am to hike up a mountain to capture the sunrise and you too can get great footage :)

Believe it or not I get that a lot even here from locals! I tell them to wake up with me at 3am to hike up a mountain to capture the sunrise and you too can get great footage :)
I'd certainly prefer your starting point for a hike to the mountains than Southern England. ;)

I'd do it very often!

Reactions: Grayford2012
Footage from this winter and summer with the Mavic Pro and time lapses of the Northern Lights

Hello mike
fantastic footage, I do have a mavic pro and filter nd64, nd16, nd8, nd16 and nd 1000
I am going to iceland in february for 1 month and I have been testing some night shooting here in sedona where I live
I am still checking the shutter setting and iso in 4k movie recording, I keep searching many information in terms the setting and time lapse to obtain a lovely shooting once I will be in iceland to capture aurora borealis
so far I have took some photo footage at night with the ND1000 a 1600/3200 iso with interval mode of 10s and shutter at 1', 4' and 8' do you sense it is a pretty good start I did took the same photo with the same setting without the ND 1000 and took some photo with iso 1600/3200 shutter 1/2 and gradually down to 4'
now in video mode 4k
I went to trippod mode and video shoot at 1600 at 1/25 which the only option in video in terms lapse

Do you have any professional advice/recommendation the way to set up the photo setting and video setting to shooth the northen light do you also recommend the filter nd1000 or any other filter for the aperture.
I am really fascinated by the way you did shoot yours however very few will share really the way they did their setting on the mavic pro to shoot the aurora borealis

thank you for any tips very much appreciated
okkanym

Hello mike
fantastic footage, I do have a mavic pro and filter nd64, nd16, nd8, nd16 and nd 1000
I am going to iceland in february for 1 month and I have been testing some night shooting here in sedona where I live
I am still checking the shutter setting and iso in 4k movie recording, I keep searching many information in terms the setting and time lapse to obtain a lovely shooting once I will be in iceland to capture aurora borealis
so far I have took some photo footage at night with the ND1000 a 1600/3200 iso with interval mode of 10s and shutter at 1', 4' and 8' do you sense it is a pretty good start I did took the same photo with the same setting without the ND 1000 and took some photo with iso 1600/3200 shutter 1/2 and gradually down to 4'
now in video mode 4k
I went to trippod mode and video shoot at 1600 at 1/25 which the only option in video in terms lapse

Do you have any professional advice/recommendation the way to set up the photo setting and video setting to shooth the northen light do you also recommend the filter nd1000 or any other filter for the aperture.
I am really fascinated by the way you did shoot yours however very few will share really the way they did their setting on the mavic pro to shoot the aurora borealis

thank you for any tips very much appreciated
okkanym

okkanym,

I have not tried the Aurora with the drone. My guess is it will not turn out well. On my Canon 6D, I start at 1600 ISO, 6s shutter, 7s interval, F2.8 with manual focus. Do not use ND filters for night shooting.

Mike

okkanym,

I have not tried the Aurora with the drone. My guess is it will not turn out well. On my Canon 6D, I start at 1600 ISO, 6s shutter, 7s interval, F2.8 with manual focus. Do not use ND filters for night shooting.

Mike
thank you mike much appreciated for all info..I have been looking at the canon 80D for a while, for now I have the latest black 7 GoPro yes it is very much different world between the 2 even your camera wooaw.... and did some night shooting with the setting you have mentioned.. then from your advice I will do shooting during the day with the Mavic pro in iceland:)...
okkanym

thank you mike much appreciated for all info..I have been looking at the canon 80D for a while, for now I have the latest black 7 GoPro yes it is very much different world between the 2 even your camera wooaw.... and did some night shooting with the setting you have mentioned.. then from your advice I will do shooting during the day with the Mavic pro in iceland:)...
okkanym
Look for a used Canon 6D or rent one with a fast lens...Rokinon makes a cheap manual focus 14mm that captures the Aurora well. Do not try to learn how to take Aurora photos in Iceland....take night shots where you are and check sharpness of stars. Get used to changing settings in the dark...practice

thank you mike fro your advice I had actually a friend who is a professional photographer who is bying a new camera and has like new canon 6D with 2 battery and zoom lens I got it today for $650 and there are protection from day one meaning the original digital screen are new.. now I am check as you said 1/4 to 2/8 14mm
this one is good one from your advice?
https://www.amazon.com/Rokinon-Aspherical-Angle-Canon-RK24M-C/dp/B006YM9L26/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1547794816&sr=1-1&keywords=rokinon+24mm+f/1.4+ed+as+umc+wide-angle+lens+for+canon
or this one
https://www.amazon.com/Samyang-SY24M-C-24mm-Angle-Canon/dp/B007ELSCCQ?tag=incepin-20

and as 2/8 14 mm yes cheaper
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006MI1T4...a62d&ref_=pd_luc_rh_crh_rh_sbs_02_02_t_img_lh

thank you

thank you so much mike I am getting there now:) next step iso 1600 shutter between 4' to 8' with interval with lock mirror
it is always good to talk to professional photographer :)
I feel very positive in all to shoot for the first moment even the northen light:)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121