DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
DJI need to use this video as a marketing tool to show just what the Mavic is capable of.

Stunning place you live @MikeC - my Malamute 'Eska' would love it there (I named her after the mountain/creek - not far from you???), she's a long way from home here in the UK!

I think I'd love it there too :D Ever been to the Iditarod museum?

The freezing fog looks simply stunning :)
Thanks, the landscapes do most of the work for me. I just have to choose when to film. Aren't Malamutes great dogs, yes Eska would love it here. I live 3 miles from the museum and have been there. I photograph the Iditarod every year.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Awesome! What filters are you using, and what settings If you don't mind? It really looks great.
I do use filters...typically a ND16 when the sun is out. If there is snow on the ground and sunny, I might use the ND32. Earlier footage was shot in Cinelike and later footage in D-Log, graded in Premiere Pro.

I'd normally be reluctant to watch a clip this long from start to finish but this was captivating.

First class!

BEAUTIFUL! You captured the essence of Alaska. I was up there a few years ago and it was breathtaking. What video editing software did you use?

I'd normally be reluctant to watch a clip this long from start to finish but this was captivating.

First class!
Generally I agree 5 minutes is long. I figured if I kept the sequences short it would be more watchable.

Reactions: gavcuk
BEAUTIFUL! You captured the essence of Alaska. I was up there a few years ago and it was breathtaking. What video editing software did you use?
Thank you, I use Premiere Pro

Wao. So far one of the best shots I’ve seen. You must have used several hours editing and clipping this beauty. Well done[emoji106]
Thanks, nothing like a rainy weekend to sit down and edit!

Great job Mike. I’m from Alaska and I’ve been a Coloradan for many years now. Thanks for a spectacular tour of one of the most beautiful places in the world!

Beautifully done video and awesome scenery. One question though, what were your setting to capture the Northern Lights? Or is it that light still that you done need to worry about it being to dark?

Reactions: MikeC
All the above. As said, DJI could/should use for marketing the MAVIC Pro. Or send it to Alaska Tourist Bureau. Thanks for sharing

Beautifully done video and awesome scenery. One question though, what were your setting to capture the Northern Lights? Or is it that light still that you done need to worry about it being to dark?
I use different settings depending the intensity of the lights. I will typically start at ISO 1600, 6 sec exposure and f2.8.

Reactions: Gunglejim
Ditto,.. what everyone else has said. Beautiful. And I'm amazed it flies so well in those temps!

I use different settings depending the intensity of the lights. I will typically start at ISO 1600, 6 sec exposure and f2.8.

Thanks for the reply. Quite new to photography and video and there's a lot to learn so this will give me a starting point to try. Thanks again for sharing your wonderful video, loved it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143