DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now the FBI is getting in on the Drone Regs!

I don't see any reference in that article to the FBI expressing interest in "getting in on drone regs".
Don't worry,they will! Just like the FAA,sit back and watch!

Search is your friend:

FBI Director

Also, your post is 100% incorrect (thre FBI does not regulate US Airspace)
Then why did the broadcast video show a Mavic,Vision2,and a PH3,plus a Yuneec Q 500? And you are correct about the airspace,but who do you think they will be talking to,to try and get more regulations passed? You better watch this!

Last edited:
I don't see any reference in that article to the FBI expressing interest in "getting in on drone regs".
In the video of his testimony that tcope linked to above he says the FBI Is "working with Congress and other agencies" to find "solutions," or something to that effect. That's usually code for "we're trying to come up with laws or regulations."

Reactions: Ron_Dog
Never mind - I thought you might have been reporting factual news rather than just your own idle speculation.
Apprently you can't see,the video,or hear?

That's a good bit of information,and look who is requesting the changes? Quote: "The FAA announced today that it has restricted drone use over several national US landmarks, including the Statue of Liberty and Mount Rushmore. The FAA says the new restrictions are in place (at the request of US security and law enforcement agencies.") I wonder if the FBI is classified as a "law enforcement agency"?

Apprently you can't see,the video,or hear?

Firstly, you didn't link to the video, so I was not commenting on that. Secondly, can you point to any statement or comment made in the video that states, or even implies, that the FBI is trying to influence UAV regulations? That's a rhetorical question, or course, because you can't.

Firstly, you didn't link to the video, so I was not commenting on that. Secondly, can you point to any statement or comment made in the video that states, or even implies, that the FBI is trying to influence UAV regulations? That's a rhetorical question, or course, because you can't.
Look above!:D

In the video of his testimony that tcope linked to above he says the FBI Is "working with Congress and other agencies" to find "solutions," or something to that effect. That's usually code for "we're trying to come up with laws or regulations."
Bingo! I'm beginning to think you are the only one on this thread, that can "read between the lines"!Thumbswayup

Let me copy and paste it here for you! Let's try this one and see if it's plain enough to be understood! This is from the article above on "A new law makes it illegal to fly drones over landmarks like The Statue of Liberty".The FAA says the new restrictions are in place (at the request of US security and law enforcement agencies.") I wonder if the FBI is classified as a "law enforcement agency"?

Bingo! I'm beginning to think you are the only one on this thread, that can "read between the lines"!Thumbswayup

Your "reading between the lines" is my definition of speculation in the absence of facts - which goes back to my original comment. You have no factual basis for the title of this thread.

Let me copy and paste it here for you! Let's try this one and see if it's plain enough to be understood! This is from the article above on "A new law makes it illegal to fly drones over landmarks like The Statue of Liberty".The FAA says the new restrictions are in place (at the request of US security and law enforcement agencies.") I wonder if the FBI is classified as a "law enforcement agency"?

The FBI is a law enforcement agency. It does not follow that they were one of the agencies requesting such restrictions and, even if they were, it does not follow that they are getting into the business of regulating drones, which they are not since they do not have any authority over the NAS.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
The FBI is a law enforcement agency. It does not follow that they were one of the agencies requesting such restrictions and, even if they were, it does not follow that they are getting into the business of regulating drones, which they are not since they do not have any authority over the NAS.
Ya Know! My Uncle once told me when I was young, " Never try to teach a pig to sing! It only irritates the pig,and wastes your time"! I think I finally understand what he was saying!;)

Ya Know! My Uncle once told me when I was young, " Never try to teach a pig to sing! It only irritates the pig,and wastes your time"! I think I finally understand what he was saying!;)

I assume that you using that as a substitute for an actual supporting argument, so I won't inconvenience you with any further difficult questions. But I suspect that you misunderstood him completely. You never did learn to sing, did you?

I assume that you using that as a substitute for an actual supporting argument, so I won't inconvenience you with any further difficult questions. But I suspect that you misunderstood him completely. You never did learn to sing, did you?
By your attitude I can read between the lines,and see you don't have a grasp of as much knowledge as you think,you have! Anyone with a ounce of common sense,can see where the FBI can,and will influence the FAA into passing new regulations. If you don't see that,I feel sorry for you. Just ask,and you will recieve! You really don't have a clue how Government works,do you?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78