DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NTSC vs Pal

Trompie66

Reactions
Can anyone tell me why there is no Pal on the Mavic pro 2 and when you shoot in the quick shot setting it changes the picture settings WHY ????

I’m a little baffled by your question. NTSC and PAL are very old analog video formats. They are rarely used, except for legacy support, in modern electronic equipment and are not used in Mavic 2 Pro.

It's about time they scrapped the option in all new cameras, where it is available the only real change is frame rates (25 versus 30)
Having said that any electric lights might show a flickering effect with some cameras if you don't select the appropriate frame rate(s).

Reactions: mereflyer
NTSC and PAL are used all the time. NTSC is used in the USA, Japan and several other countries, PAL is used in Europe, Australia and many more countries. The frame rate for NTSC is 29.97 whereas for PAL it is 25. Almost all video cameras allow you to choose whether you take videos in the NTSC or PAL via a camera setting.

I bought a sony rx100 II from a big box Internet store it was called a "Gray market " camera
It only shoots in PAL
Not NTSC
......cR

Yes there are a few examples of area specific cameras. Looked at the specs of your camera and it appears that it will shoot 1440 in NTSC which can easily be placed on a 1920 time line. Depending on your editing software, you can still place the PAL footage on an NTSC time line and produce a NTSC video.

Reactions: charliesRig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127