DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

I just got mine today and its version 6.0.1. I stay on this version? Its telling me to update k1 software to 5.1?
Stay on this version 6.0.1. The 5.1 will update you to nougat and fix some bugs in nougat but not all.
Stay on marshmallow and enjoy your flying.
Regards,
-d.

Stay on this version 6.0.1. The 5.1 will update you to nougat and fix some bugs in nougat but not all.
Stay on marshmallow and enjoy your flying.
Regards,
-d.
Hi Bunny Too,
How comes you always faster than me to reponse

Ok thanks, what settings do you guys use?
Developer mode, usb debugging, I personally do not have the application optimized. I do crank the Shield to Performance/Power >Performance : power plan >Max performance. I crank the display and turn off WiFi and Bluetooth. I also use an app called "greenify" that I can use to hibernate everything else on the Shield (this is not strictly necessary but it reduces video lag to minimal.)
Regards,
-d.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riseaknight
Purchased my K1 from best buys about a week I/2 ago, works flawlessly no issues other than the power button, takes a min.before it will make contact, It sits so far back in the housing, Someone mentioned this issue in another post or thread, I'm not sure of the location. Have anyone experience this issue before?

Purchased my K1 from best buys about a week I/2 ago, works flawlessly no issues other than the power button, takes a min.before it will make contact, It sits so far back in the housing, Someone mentioned this issue in another post or thread, I'm not sure of the location. Have anyone experience this issue before?
Yes, it is slow to power on sometimes.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: BigMotor
Yes, it is slow to power on sometimes.
Regards,
-d.

I noticed that immediately! I almost sent it back, the thing works s flawless, no lags or hicups of any kind. Been kinda playing with it haven't taken any long flights yet. Just short quickies.Getting to know this copter and really learning how to fly from a beginners perspective.. Got 2000.00 invested in this thing just for a hobby...man i'm 72 yrs old on SS...lololololol

Reactions: superdave5050
I noticed that immediately! I almost sent it back, the thing works s flawless, no lags or hicups of any kind. Been kinda playing with it haven't taken any long flights yet. Just short quickies.Getting to know this copter and really learning how to fly from a beginners perspective.. Got 2000.00 invested in this thing just for a hobby...man i'm 72 yrs old on SS...lololololol
Heck yeah, it is an expensive hobby and a shame to waste on the young, they can not afford it anyway, age has its privileges.
Regards,
-d.

Flew with the k1 today, it was flawless except for the glare on the screen. Is there anyway to stop the remote from charging my tablet?

Flew with the k1 today, it was flawless except for the glare on the screen. Is there anyway to stop the remote from charging my tablet?
No, the remote will charge your device, have not figured a way around that yet. There is a three pack of matte screen protectors on amazon for around seven dollars, I recommend them.
Regards,
-d.
Amazon.com: Mr Shield For NVIDIA Shield Tablet / Tablet K1 Anti-Glare Screen Protector [3-PACK] with Lifetime Replacement Warranty: Computers & Accessories

Reactions: BigMotor
No, the remote will charge your device, have not figured a way around that yet. There is a three pack of matte screen protectors on amazon for around seven dollars, I recommend them.
Regards,
-d.
Amazon.com: Mr Shield For NVIDIA Shield Tablet / Tablet K1 Anti-Glare Screen Protector [3-PACK] with Lifetime Replacement Warranty: Computers & Accessories

I received those on yesterday as well as the hood for the Shield and the 3 filters for the Mavic Pro, haven't had a chance to fly yet, bad weather. Looking forward to doing so, can't wait....

I am running smoothly with the Shield K1 after the latest firmware/app updates, anyone else experiencing good results?

I am not advocating an upgrade to Nougat; merely posting my own observations. Your milage may vary, etc. However, so far I believe the situation looks promising.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo