DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nvidia Shield K1 advice

I am not advocating an upgrade to Nougat; merely posting my own observations. Your milage may vary, etc. However, so far I believe the situation looks promising.
I am not sure I am running on mine, as I have not been out in awhile. I do appreciate your posts and what you think tho. Makes it easier to decide later on.

All right, I flew three batteries with the shield, Nougat, new firmware and app and had not a single issue. Let us hope this continues.

You got Nougat,on your Shield ? Is that the upgrade I keep refusing on my Shield?

I was just about to buy Shield and to my big surprise it has been discontinued, at least nowhere in my country to be bought :( So I started researching on alternatives with HDMI out and seems there are none with such processing power. At least to my knowledge. Anybody knows about any working substitutes?

I was just about to buy Shield and to my big surprise it has been discontinued, at least nowhere in my country to be bought :( So I started researching on alternatives with HDMI out and seems there are none with such processing power. At least to my knowledge. Anybody knows about any working substitutes?
Try Ebay, there's some listed on there.

Reactions: BigMotor
OK, so I bought it on Amozon.de, which is closest to my location. Just after paying I realized it will take 3 weeks to reach me. I get shipments form China faster than that LOL

I did the controller modification to allow the arms to swing open further allowing the Shield to be used. it was very easy to do with a Dremmel. You don't need to trim off the entire piece blocking it, only cut a groove. I do like that I don't need to carry extra parts just for the Shield. However, it would be nice not to have to cut into the controller. The modification can't really be seen unless you are looking.
Is that holding firmly enough? I don´t mind dremmeling out few mm of plastic rather concerned about the sufficient grip.

Is that holding firmly enough? I don´t mind dremmeling out few mm of plastic rather concerned about the sufficient grip.
I was thinking of attaching some rectangular piece of plastic (of size and shape to fit the rc) with hook and loop fastener to the bottom of the shield, that way it would fit in the rc fine.

Reactions: Bunny Too

It holds it just as good as it holds a phone. I could shake the controller trying to get the Shield to come loose and it would stay connected.

Reactions: Riseaknight
I have a similar mount that I applied Velcro to - male to the mount, female to the K1 so its soft. Work even better than trying to use the tiny top clip.
Denny

Receiving a k1 wednesday with marshmallow to try standalone and/or with Glyphs. Thanks to the tip for modding the rc arms (yes, my rc did meet mr Dremel). Might need to mod one arm a bit further to enable free access to the Sport switch. I like it, no bulky mount. Tried the "feel" already pushing a childrens book (3 kids, have books in all sizes!) In the rc with similar weight and dimensions. Perfect! Now curious how K1 will perform running go4. Thanks all for the large variety of ideas.

Bunny Too,

Is the statement above still true?
So far, however I have been working sixteen hour days so I have only flown that one day (three batteries) and another day (20 minutes) and have not had any issues however it is still early, who else out there is running a K1 on Nought .

Using the anti glare screen protector and it helps but not much. Is there any sun shades on Amazon that fit the shield?

Last edited:
Squeezing the K1 into my modded TX arms I managed to strip the rubber off the Non camera side. Put a sticker on it since there was a small opening and 2 sensor-ish looking things.
I must say I really like the tab. Dremeled my remote a bit more and though the grips only " hold" the corners there is no way it can fall out. Disadvantage is that the HDMI cable plus adapter combination for use with Glyph are a bit too long so it's in the way now. Need a 90deg HDMI adapter to solve that. Really nice not having to drag around some mounting system!

So far, however I have been working sixteen hour days so I have only flown that one day (three batteries) and another day (20 minutes) and have not had any issues however it is still early, who else out there is running a K1 on Nought .
Tested it this morning , two batteries, short summary: FAILED

K1 Naugat
DJI GO4, 4.0.7, FW 600
Airplane mode
Same field as before

Had exactly same issue: GO4 crash without any warning about 10 min into flight.

New issue: HD icon flash almost all the time during flights but video seems ok

Sigh......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007