DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NYC Flushing Meadows Park

Rich5741

Reactions
Any people here know the rules for flying in Forest Meadows park? I see a number of posts for people who have flown drones there, but I went out this weekend and there is a sign posted outside the door to the circular flying field, which says that it is only for control line planes only, and helicopter (assuming our Mavics will fall into this category) are not allowed. There is multiple press and NYC park’s website itself doesn’t contain any of these restrictions.

Any people here know the rules for flying in Forest Meadows park? I see a number of posts for people who have flown drones there, but I went out this weekend and there is a sign posted outside the door to the circular flying field, which says that it is only for control line planes only, and helicopter (assuming our Mavics will fall into this category) are not allowed. There is multiple press and NYC park’s website itself doesn’t contain any of these restrictions.
You are within 5 miles of LaGuardia. Check Kittyhawk or AirMap app to see flying restrictions.

You are within 5 miles of LaGuardia. Check Kittyhawk or AirMap app to see flying restrictions.
Thanks. This area of Flushing Meadows Park is in an AMA club flying field zone (and shows up as such in Airmap. It’s also listed on NYC Parks department website as one of 5 areas in NYC where drone flying is allowed (otherwise drones are essentially banned in NYC outside these 5 areas). My understanding is that AMA fields have the required paperwork to allow flights, in this case below 200ft. My question was concerning some of the signage I saw at the field regarding it being for control line only; I tried contacting the AMA person in charge of this site but got no response. I was wondering if any NYC locals could shed some light on it for me.

Reactions: dawgpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1