DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obvious Design Flaws

DroneSketcher

Reactions
1. If they weren't perfectly round, the control sticks would not roll forever and under the furniture each time I drop them. A sight bump on one side would make things better.
2. The lights turn off when the remote is fully charged, but stay on when a battery is fully charged in the drone. I dislike these mixed messages.

OK enough whining.
I really like this little guy and am glad I bought it for my first drone.

1. If they weren't perfectly round, the control sticks would not roll forever and under the furniture each time I drop them. A sight bump on one side would make things better.
2. The lights turn off when the remote is fully charged, but stay on when a battery is fully charged in the drone. I dislike these mixed messages.

OK enough whining.
Pinhead dab of epoxy on one side will stop them from rolling when dropped on a flat surface and will not interfere with controls.

Although if they'd just squared the edges hacks like this wouldn't be necessary in the first place...

Last edited:
A small bench grinder would provide a solution for that. Pictures if you go that route.
I thought about doing this today
But I fear that would make it smaller and it might fall out of the storage holder in the back
Probably would not fall out, but I'm too chicken to try

I have to say, I prefered the design on my old SC, where the thread was on the controller not the way around it is now. Never droped the sticks once with the M2P and the SC but already multiple times with the RC. Maybe I got older too, but I find it a bit flimsy but most of all easier to screw in with the thread as it was.

Reactions: DroneSketcher

OK enough whining.
My new case lets me keep the sticks on the RC
I hate to take them off I worry I will drop them under the car and they will roll away and I will never see them again
I often park next to a cliff with an uneven road that slants towards the cliff of course! :rolleyes:

Those control sticks seem to be much more difficult to hang onto than with sticks from previous models. I just ordered and received a spare set of sticks. I hope I never have to use the spares, but I know if I don't have spares it wouldn't be if but when I'd need them. I can't believe how difficult the DJI RC sticks are to handle securely.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky