DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd Osmo Behavior - cant pan 90 ccw

MikeSD

Reactions
At first i thought my osmo pocket was broken. the camera is physically incapable of pointing 90 deg counter-clockwise.

Then i found the spec and thats the way it works. Can pan only 50 deg ccw but -230 cw. impossible to pan 90 ccw. WHY? I understand it might have limitation on pan but very short pan left compared to right relative to LCD is wierd.

That means the centerline of pan is 90 deg cw ( to right). Very odd. the only reason i can think of is some technical reason it cant do 360. and since selfi is required centerline cant be directly to rear. So if you have to track equal left or right, you have to point right side of camera toward subject before setting track.

Seems there should be a way to resolve this. It would be possible to pan 90 deg in both ccw and cw, and also 180 to rear, given the 280 deg travel but they chose a non symmetrical approach. That seems more useful but then centerline of pan would be about 40 deg cw. That might be odd to some. 90 deg cw/ccw seems almost mandatory.

Last edited:
Reactions: mnis
I think it was done for when you have he phone attached, you don't see the phone?

That's what I assumed

Reactions: mnis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh