DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OEM prop guards.

FYI, these aren't really normal prop guards. They are designed to only be used when flying in Tripod mode.

FYI, these aren't really normal prop guards. They are designed to only be used when flying in Tripod mode.
I can see why based on the cage design. You would think the DJI would put this bit of useful information under the product description.

Msinger: what is it about tripod mode that would make this accessory beneficial?

what is it about tripod mode that would make this accessory beneficial?
I'm guessing most people are only using tripod mode indoors. And, there are usually lots of obstacles indoors.

Reactions: Birdman5280
I imagine that's a conservative figure, but I'm sure someone will review them and put them to the test. If a sub-5mph crash is going to damage them they aren't very sturdy, that's for sure. If they were able to handle moderate abuse it would make the price tag seem more reasonable.

That being said, I can see where someone who wants to do a lot of indoor tripod-mode flying would want something like this. These guards really add a great deal of protection that would keep the props from damaging walls/furniture/etc, which is the main reason I have never attempted indoor flight.

Reactions: flodi
FYI DJI has updated the description to advise that these guards are "suitable for flying indoors, in crowded areas and under Tripod mode.
I think they would definitely offer some benefit for hand captures and releases?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan