DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official DJI tablet holder

thatswedishguy

Reactions
Hello!

I have pre-ordered the official DJI tablet holder from a swedish store, and the release date is slipping. It used to be May 18 but now it's June 2. Searching around for the product code gives a long list of stores or which some say new item, some say out of stock and some say it's been out of stock since late 2018.

Does anyone know anything about this item? Has it been officially announced? Can't find it on DJI Store, although I think I found a reference to it somewhere on a DJI site a while back.

This is the one:

Product code: CP.MA.00000066.01

Hello!

I have pre-ordered the official DJI tablet holder from a swedish store, and the release date is slipping. It used to be May 18 but now it's June 2. Searching around for the product code gives a long list of stores or which some say new item, some say out of stock and some say it's been out of stock since late 2018.

Does anyone know anything about this item? Has it been officially announced? Can't find it on DJI Store, although I think I found a reference to it somewhere on a DJI site a while back.

This is the one:

Product code: CP.MA.00000066.01
As you are probably aware, there are a ton of 3rd party mounts. Mavmount makes a similar type contraption where a "plate" fits in where the phone would go and has a ball joint to adjust the tray that holds the tablet.

I know, but this one is significantly cheaper than the other quality options when shipping and customs are included. Mostly because it's officially sold here. Otherwise I would get the mavmount since it's available with a lanyard solution

Reactions: ff22
I know, but this one is significantly cheaper than the other quality options when shipping and customs are included. Mostly because it's officially sold here. Otherwise I would get the mavmount since it's available with a lanyard solution

I have the Mavmount and lanyard. Frankly, I'm not thrilled with the single point of attachment. If you bend down, the entire unit can rotate and turn screen side to your chest/stomach.

I now have the Smart Controller and with two points of attachment it does NOT rotate. Just my observation.

I have the Mavmount and lanyard. Frankly, I'm not thrilled with the single point of attachment. If you bend down, the entire unit can rotate and turn screen side to your chest/stomach.

I now have the Smart Controller and with two points of attachment it does NOT rotate. Just my observation.

Sounds like I'm not really missing out of the lanyard solution then. Thanks ??

I'm working on a design that will mount the iPad mini in almost the same position as a smartphone, but slightly below the controller handles. I am not a fan, at all, of all the mounts that put the tablet on top of the controller and block the view of the controller screen and the buttons. Yes, I can sort of get to the buttons by feel, but I don't like making mistakes and hitting the wrong button during a flight, so I want visual contact at all times.

I'll post my design when I'm finished. It is going to be quite different from anything else on Amazon or at the various 3D printing sites (this will be 3D printed).

I'm working on a design that will mount the iPad mini in almost the same position as a smartphone, but slightly below the controller handles. I am not a fan, at all, of all the mounts that put the tablet on top of the controller and block the view of the controller screen and the buttons. Yes, I can sort of get to the buttons by feel, but I don't like making mistakes and hitting the wrong button during a flight, so I want visual contact at all times.

I'll post my design when I'm finished. It is going to be quite different from anything else on Amazon or at the various 3D printing sites (this will be 3D printed).

Sounds interesting. More options is always good. I'm personally going to fly with a 9.7" iPad but I'm sure your product will find an audience

I’ve always considered a lanyard a necessity, in case of accidental drop. But spin around when simply are dangling. There are many mount makers, and the ones I Like have some mechanical device that Hooks or pulls the DJI controller arms tightly, to clamp the mount plate tightly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise