DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

OK, all the formatting issues related to the new forum software are resolved and the leaderboards are updated with URL links now. Please report any errors that I may have injected while converting this by hand.

OK, all the formatting issues related to the new forum software are resolved and the leaderboards are updated with URL links now. Please report any errors that I may have injected while converting this by hand.
Thank you

yCk4L6F.jpg

Landed it 565m short and flew 2977m in auto landing. Based on being able to fly 10km and back while just hitting auto landing I'm going to say that 11.5km is the outer limit of what is achievable on a stock AC with stock charger.

Barometer 1025 and air temp 12c so excellent air. AC had a warmup flight and I swapped in a hot (45c) battery and lifted off immediately.

yCk4L6F.jpg

Landed it 565m short and flew 2977m in auto landing. Based on being able to fly 10km and back while just hitting auto landing I'm going to say that 11.5km is the outer limit of what is achievable on a stock AC with stock charger.

Barometer 1025 and air temp 12c so excellent air. AC had a warmup flight and I swapped in a hot (45c) battery and lifted off immediately.
Nice! Entire flight in sport Mode? At what battery percentage did you head back 55%?

Because he had a headwind on the way back. Sport mode is only used when there is a tailwind and you would still need to modulate the pitch/throttle to keep RPMs around 5600 which is near the sweet spot for efficiency.

We won't know the ideal speeds for the Mavic 2 until aircraft data files are readable and watt seconds per meter can be graphed. In the mean time I've changed my normal mode tilt to 26 which gives 32.5 mph and will do some test flights. For some reason Cinematic mode will only give 28mph.

Sport mode I've slowed down to give a more useful speed range for efficient flying and it tops out at 38mph full stick using I think 26 tilt and 1 RC scale.

I was wondering when you would get tired of playing with the Mavic air and would come over here.[emoji38][emoji106]
LOL... Thanks SkyNinja! I bought the Air to play with because I was tired of waiting for the Mavic 2. Finally it 's announced and then I have to figure out which model I want! I decided on the Zoom, it's supposed to be here tomorrow but Fedex is reporting that it will not be here until Monday. Can't wait to get it!:)

LOL... Thanks SkyNinja! I bought the Air to play with because I was tired of waiting for the Mavic 2. Finally it 's announced and then I have to figure out which model I want! I decided on the Zoom, it's supposed to be here tomorrow but Fedex is reporting that it will not be here until Monday. Can't wait to get it!:)

Yeah I had a hard time determining which one to get. I ended up buying both, then selling the pro and keeping the zoom.

Reactions: mlash
I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board. 58,732ft

IMG_9479.JPG

IMG_9478.jpg

IMG_1304.JPG

Sadly iOS 12 screen recording let me down once again[emoji35]

Nice flight!

Did you hit the limit, or turn back just before it kicked it?

I turned back just before. I’m going to get a dual band antenna and amps before I fly to the limit. I’m pretty sure when it disconnects It switches from 2.4 back to Auto frequency selection. Which I don’t believe can be changed while you are in flight. Meaning if you’re Flying with just a 2.4 set up your connection will keep going in and out.

I turned back just before. I’m going to get a dual band antenna and amps before I fly to the limit. I’m pretty sure when it disconnects It switches from 2.4 back to Auto frequency selection. Which I don’t believe can be changed while you are in flight. Meaning if you’re Flying with just a 2.4 set up your connection will keep going in and out.

Nice flight! I'll waiting for you to test the limit behavior. Regarding the dual frequency concern, just pair the original DJI goggles as second occusyc device. It disables 5.8GHz completely and you can't enable it again without re-pairing the controller. You don't need to have Goggles connected, only paired once.

Reactions: SkyNinja
Nice flight! I'll waiting for you to test the limit behavior. Regarding the dual frequency concern, just pair the original DJI goggles as second occusyc device. It disables 5.8GHz completely and you can't enable it again without re-pairing the controller. You don't need to have Goggles connected, only paired once.

Thanks, I don’t have the original goggles, I sold them and upgraded to the race edition that have 5.8GHz.☹️

I may have to see if I can find a local Pilot that has a pair of the original goggles

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3