DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

I'm sorely disappointed by the lack of participants in the suicide class...

Cffimx3.jpg

If there's no Occusync 2.0 radio limit I'll try a one way. The M2 has unbelievable speed for it's size. Will have to race an M2 and P4 side by side.

Reactions: Unknown Caller
Bad news, the Mavic 2 has the same hard limit:(. I was testing a new battery and hit the 58,825ft limit easily at 62% battery, could've gone 62K+ ft. I cancel RH pop-up requests and the bird landed and I drove and picked it up(due to having the sensors off and I always fly with the batteries underneath the bird, it landed in a evergreen tree about 10 feet up, had to drive home get my ladder and come back and get it out of the tree). Guess you can put me on the board for the First suicide flight 58,840 ft.

View attachment 47191

View attachment 47192

Last edited:
Bad news, the Mavic 2 has the same hard limit:(. I was testing a new battery and hit the 58,825ft limit easily at 62% battery, could've gone 62K+ ft. I cancel RH pop-up requests and the bird landed and I drove and picked it up(due to having the sensors off and I always fly with the batteries underneath the bird, it landed in a evergreen tree about 10 feet up, had to drive home get my ladder and come back and get it out of the tree). Guess you can put me on the board for the First suicide flight 58,840 ft.

View attachment 47191

View attachment 47192

How many bars did you have when it disconnected? Let’s see the screen recording...

How many bars did you have when it disconnected? Let’s see the screen recording...

I had 4-5 bars on the controller and on the HD side 3-4 bars. This is my go to area, I have no signal issues and have flown to the limit several times with my MP1.

Something went wrong with my screen recording, seems to always happens when I shut down and DJI go app and try to restart it. But here’s a screenshot from the 53K flight with MP2 I did A few days ago and you will see the signal strength I have in this area

Reactions: Unknown Caller
Signal strength from my 53K flight I did a few days ago and I’m only up 77 feet

IMG_9403.JPG

I took a little road trip to try a new flight path. But the local security guards ran me off before I could take off :(

View attachment 47191

View attachment 47192

Thank you for checking this. I'm not surprised at all that the limit exists. The occusync is very similar to the Mavic Pro. To be through, I guess we'll need to check 5.8GHz only vs 2.4GHz, but most likely the same limit is present. Sucks, but I still love this drone. Just won't be a mega range beast like the phantoms.

By the way, why didn't you fly back with 62% battery? You should make it unless you had a significant tailwind on the way out.

I am submitting this STOCK CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

This is the first (and maybe last) time I have ever been ahead of cybernate on any leader board :)

Awesome Bean! I didn't even see this until now. Well I know you don't have the most optimal place to fly. Great work!

Thank you for checking this. I'm not surprised at all that the limit exists. The occusync is very similar to the Mavic Pro. To be through, I guess we'll need to check 5.8GHz only vs 2.4GHz, but most likely the same limit is present. Sucks, but I still love this drone. Just won't be a mega range beast like the phantoms.

By the way, why didn't you fly back with 62% battery? You should make it unless you had a significant tailwind on the way out.

My intentions were to fly back I just made a error. I saw at 3am that the weather was going to be excellent for flying, 64°, 1 mph winds coming from the North West. Had a new 8000nAm battery to test out, that is 90g Less then the two MS4000s. Started my flight everything was going perfect, got off the ground quick, I had wrote out a distance to voltage chart, after looking at your flight and at 65% battery 3.92v I was about 8,000 feet ahead of your pace, so I was feeling really good(like the start of the flight before I lost my first Mavic in the bay flying out 50K with the two Protek[emoji38]). so I knew exactly where I needed to be, to make it to 62K at 3.87v which was my goal. So when I hit the limit in the controller disconnected and a pop up window came on the screen with the message I click the button to the right. Which I believe is cancel return home C2. Then I waited and waited and the controller never reconnected. Close that app re-opened, nothing happened. When into the flight records locate it it’s last location on the map(I had responded to a fire on that street so I knew exactly where it was) once I got to the street the controller reconnected. Drove right past it, got out my vehicle looked around and saw the red lights in the evergreen tree 10 to 15 feet up, Out of my reach. Had to drive all the way home to get a ladder. Fortunately it’s 4 in the morning so all the traffic lights were still in flashing mode, so it only took me about 25-30 minutes(An hour round-trip) Got home got the ladder return and got the drone out of the tree before the sun came up and home owner could see it.

So in short my intentions were not to do a suicide run I was just not thinking. It’s just a natural response for me to hit cancel to all pop ups in for DJI go app[emoji57].

Fortunately I got lucky the MP landed in a good location and didn’t even break a prop.

I took a little road trip to try a new flight path. But the local security guards ran me off before I could take off :(

That sucks, park police ran me off the other day, told me I needed a permit to fly in the park. Which is totally wrong, the state of Maryland passed a bill preventing UAS restrictions until the state does a study on them.

Is that your truck in the video? I sure could’ve used that latter this morning[emoji16]

My intentions were to fly back I just made a error. I saw at 3am that the weather was going to be excellent for flying, 64°, 1 mph winds coming from the North West. Had a new 8000nAm battery to test out, that is 90g Less then the two MS4000s. Started my flight everything was going perfect, got off the ground quick, I had wrote out a distance to voltage chart, after looking at your flight and at 65% battery 3.92v I was about 8,000 feet ahead of your pace, so I was feeling really good(like the start of the flight before I lost my first Mavic in the bay flying out 50K with the two Protek[emoji38]). so I knew exactly where I needed to be, to make it to 62K at 3.87v which was my goal. So when I hit the limit in the controller disconnected and a pop up window came on the screen with the message I click the button to the right. Which I believe is cancel return home C2. Then I waited and waited and the controller never reconnected. Close that app re-opened, nothing happened. When into the flight records locate it it’s last location on the map(I had responded to a fire on that street so I knew exactly where it was) once I got to the street the controller reconnected. Drove right past it, got out my vehicle looked around and saw the red lights in the evergreen tree 10 to 15 feet up, Out of my reach. Had to drive all the way home to get a ladder. Fortunately it’s 4 in the morning so all the traffic lights were still in flashing mode, so it only took me about 25-30 minutes(An hour round-trip) Got home got the ladder return and got the drone out of the tree before the sun came up and home owner could see it.

So in short my intentions were not to do a suicide run I was just not thinking. It’s just a natural response for me to hit cancel to all pop ups in for DJI go app[emoji57].

Fortunately I got lucky the MP landed in a good location and didn’t even break a prop.

Wow! That's a real adventure!. I'm surprised it didn't fly back. Even if you cancel rth, it will initiate again if connection is broken. Should not hover in place unless you still have a connection or you changed go 4 setting for disconnect so that it hovers in place.

Wow! That's a real adventure!. I'm surprised it didn't fly back. Even if you cancel rth, it will initiate again if connection is broken. Should not hover in place unless you still have a connection or you changed go 4 setting for disconnect so that it hovers in place.

Yeah, I need to go and check the settings. It should be set to RTH, not hovering in place or landeding. I haven’t made any changes to it. I also think when it disconnects it may switch out of 2.4 and into auto. It must’ve landed right away when I canceled. Because when I got there and the controller reconnected I still had 51% battery.

FYI If you go into Parameters and change the normal mode setting from 25 to 27 it will give you a perfect 33 miles an hour in P mode with sensors off.

That sucks, park police ran me off the other day, told me I needed a permit to fly in the park. Which is totally wrong, the state of Maryland passed a bill preventing UAS restrictions until the state does a study on them.

Is that your truck in the video? I sure could’ve used that latter this morning[emoji16]
No, I was in a crummy rental car. Ask Cybernate if he recognizes the location (he should).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929