DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

I done 40k yesterday with 2 flydrone 2200s . The app dropped on way back here's a pic.Screenshot_20181125-080916_Video Player.jpg got some good batteries on the way and got the rc working pretty good @beanbubba 20181125_081708.jpg did you get the low battery warnings to go away

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyNinja and Joebie
FYI on Mavic2 with iPad:

A1550 is the model number for the iPad mini4 with GPS. It works fine on the Mavic2 EXCEPT when you run a screen recorder during a flight. You get the endless "mobile/cpu" errors and jittery video. After a lot of research, the iPad Air2 with GPS model A1567 is the oldest / lowest performance iPad that works ok in all situations on the Mavic2. I found a used one and verified this.

1543163587820.png

This is it I believe @beanbubba is that enough for list "I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.
It must be 40,000ft (80,000ft) for the Mavic 2 and Androido_O

I did this yesterday with the MS 5.2 and it didn't split it up. I got very bad signal yesterday for some reason!:mad:
I'm pretty sure I can get out 9.5 miles with this battery if I push it. I had 33% when I got back.

Reactions: Joebie and Aumoe
Hey @beanbubba , I can still post my flight from Android for consideration to be placed on the board as long as I post the whole GO4 Video with the AirData links! Is this correct?

Edit: I mean if they are split into 2 files!

76,381ft one way flight, stock M2P with parameter mod.
Actual distance covered was 80,784ft on the wavy flight path including one RTH. This will do 85k ft easy on a straight line with a nice landing area.Screenshot_20181125-201257.jpegScreenshot_20181125-201226.jpeg

Reactions: Joebie and SkyNinja
Hey @beanbubba , I can still post my flight from Android for consideration to be placed on the board as long as I post the whole GO4 Video with the AirData links! Is this correct?

Edit: I mean if they are split into 2 files!

Although not required for consideration (but will add more validity to your flight if questioned), it is recommended that you record the Go4 app video of every flight and have this video available on youtube in case there is a dispute of your flight. Every flight must provide an Airdata link regardless to be considered with one exception, there have been reports that Go4 on the android will not record flights over a certain distance. If this happens to you, provide the full unedited Go4 flight video from takeoff to touchdown on youtube. Please do not edit the video except time lapse to speed it up and shorten the video length. This exception rule is subject to change if new methods are found or the Go4 bug is fixed.

There is an app that re-flashes the Mavic Pro RC to disable the speaker:

I didn't realize anyone was doing this stuff, then it must be possible to remove the distance limit?? We should learn how this guy did this and investigate.

On the stock list #1 has over charged battery 4.38. I've got 4.36 with car charger but that's high .believe it should be on modified list by rules but I could be wrong just trying to keep it fair @beanbubba @Unknown Caller

Last edited:
You charge cold and then heat the battery. I preheat to 50c. Not all chargers are the same either. Measure voltages and use the highest.

Reactions: Aumoe
You charge cold and then heat the battery. I preheat to 50c. Not all chargers are the same either. Measure voltages and use the highest.
View attachment 54571
Yeah I tried that works pretty well I was checking the record runs an their was a big difference in this 1 flight from all the rest. Though I would ask before over charging mine. Screenshot_20181128-174915_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi