DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

PS - this is my new personal best on any drone at any time :)

I watch the wind at my locale every day for months on end and the wind just continually howls. Tonight it calmed down to 8 mph sustained and I took a shot with this factory bird +3 factory battery cells. Each cell had a toe warmer pack and taped wrapped in packaging foam. The bird AUW was 1477 grams with 11550 mAh. Landed with 3.62 volts left in the tank. Probably could have gone another 4-5 minutes, but was flying over water.

View attachment 53835
Nice run bro congrats on best ever

Very nice flight beanbubba, congrats on the personal best as well!Thumbswayup
This was my first flight over water at night and there is ZERO image coming back from the camera and was very disconcerting at first. I have flown at night for years, but there was always a horizon of lights visible to at least give you a visual bearing. Gives you a little taste of what real pilots feel like on zero visibility IFR flights :)

Reactions: Joebie
I just realized that by the letter of the law, my last flight should be in the unlimited class because I didn't use an intact factory battery. Do you think we should leave the rules as-is or add a caveat that the modified class can remove the factory battery? I don't have religion on this and actually neutral on the topic.

This was my first flight over water at night and there is ZERO image coming back from the camera and was very disconcerting at first. I have flown at night for years, but there was always a horizon of lights visible to at least give you a visual bearing. Gives you a little taste of what real pilots feel like on zero visibility IFR flights :)
Yeah I can imagine that's sketchy. I've watched some of the night videos and it's nerve wracking even for me. Although, I'm confident in map view, it's still nice to have some visual reference.

Yeah I can imagine that's sketchy. I've watched some of the night videos and it's nerve wracking even for me. Although, I'm confident in map view, it's still nice to have some visual reference.
There is a bridge across the lake at an angle. As I approached the bridge, a single car was passing at similar speed that showed up in the video feed. It gave the appearance that the bird was spiraling downward because of the angle and speed of the car lights (and gave me a mini-vertigo event). I wanted to grab the RC and take over the remote controls and pull out of the dive, but trusted the instrumentation. Visual tricks are indeed spooky in low visibility flying.

Yeah, I'm getting goose bumps just reading this. I seen that your flight was at 7:35pm and thought that " this was an awesome flight!" I would love to see the video!

I just realized that by the letter of the law, my last flight should be in the unlimited class because I didn't use an intact factory battery. Do you think we should leave the rules as-is or add a caveat that the modified class can remove the factory battery? I don't have religion on this and actually neutral on the topic.
My thought is that, this rule was made before we knew about the auto_landing. Even though there are a few that have birds without this setback, there will be many more that buy newer birds that will be restricted from the Modified Class. I think this will cause the "Modified Class" to be null and void for many! Considering that the variables have changed, I am for allowing "stock battery shells" to be stripped so we can preserve the Modified Class! If not we will be forced to cut away, strip, discard and do major modifications to our Mavic 2's just to compete with others. This is not a bad thing and I'm all-in but I think the majority of new LR flier's will be discouraged and will not stick around!

Just my 2 cents!:D

M2 Batt.JPG

Yeah, I'm getting goose bumps just reading this. I seen that your flight was at 7:35pm and thought that " this was an awesome flight!" I would love to see the video!

My thought is that, this rule was made before we knew about the auto_landing. Even though there are a few that have birds without this setback, there will be many more that buy newer birds that will be restricted from the Modified Class. I think this will cause the "Modified Class" to be null and void for many! Considering that the variables have changed, I am for allowing "stock battery shells" to be stripped so we can preserve the Modified Class! If not we will be forced to cut away, strip, discard and do major modifications to our Mavic 2's just to compete with others. This is not a bad thing and I'm all-in but I think the majority of new LR flier's will be discouraged and will not stick around!

Just my 2 cents!:D

View attachment 53869

We made those rules for a reason with a lot of valuable input from many folks. I don't want to "tinker" too much with them unless there is a strong vote to do so. But I hear your point loud and clear.

Reactions: Aumoe and mlash
I don’t think we should change the rule. Now that we known what parameters to change to fix the auto land issue, everyone should be able to fly with a full weight bird including stock battery and external batteries with just a battery clip or battery mod.

Reactions: dirtybum
I don’t think we should change the rule. Now that we known what parameters to change to fix the auto land issue, everyone should be able to fly with a full weight bird including stock battery and external batteries with just a battery clip or battery mod.
Just had another thought, you benefit I think significantly by having the battery bay exposed to cool air that will keep the ESC temps lower. This alone should exclude from the modified class. I will move my flight to unlimited class. Thanks for the input.

What--Ever!:rolleyes:-:p

I am submitting this UNLIMITED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

PS - this is my new personal best on any drone at any time :)

I watch the wind at my locale every day for months on end and the wind just continually howls. Tonight it calmed down to 8 mph sustained and I took a shot with this factory bird +3 factory battery cells. Each cell had a toe warmer pack and taped wrapped in packaging foam. The bird AUW was 1477 grams with 11550 mAh. Landed with 3.62 volts left in the tank. Probably could have gone another 4-5 minutes, but was flying over water.

View attachment 53835

Nice bean! Still crazy as ever ;). Good to see you're still at it man! I like the idea of the unlimited class! Last thing i did, which i know you would like, is get a 5s lion battery to power my phantom. Never did a distance or time test but it fires up and hovers no problems. Starting at 21V (4.2V per cell) and should be able to take it to 12.5V (2.5V per cell) with some parameter changes to stop landing. Oh and hey I also if figured out how to overcharge as high as you want till the battery blows if you feel like burning your house down.:p

Nice bean! Still crazy as ever ;). Good to see you're still at it man! I like the idea of the unlimited class! Last thing i did, which i know you would like, is get a 5s lion battery to power my phantom. Never did a distance or time test but it fires up and hovers no problems. Starting at 21V (4.2V per cell) and should be able to take it to 12.5V (2.5V per cell) with some parameter changes to stop landing. Oh and hey I also if figured out how to overcharge as high as you want till the battery blows if you feel like burning your house down.:p
CHAZZ IS BACK!!!! Where you been man??

Reactions: dirtybum
My flight today went well, I had a MS 5200mah LiHV strapped on the bottom. I was a little too close to the mountains so my signal went all to heck! I was flying from farther out in the desert and I chose a different line. When I went over the first mountain it blocked a big chunk of my signal but I wanted to fly closer to see what would happen.

I was so nervous, waiting for the Auto-Land to kick in!!! I hope to get at least 8 miles out of this battery.

I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Last edited:
My flight today went well, I had a MS 5200mah LiHV strapped on the bottom. I was a little too close to the mountains so my signal went all to heck! I was flying from farther out in the desert and I chose a different line. When I went over the first mountain it blocked a big chunk of my signal but I wanted to fly closer to see what would happen.

I was so nervous, waiting for the Auto-Land to kick in!!! I hope to get at least 8 miles out of this battery.

That battery percentage at landing is fricken awesome

Reactions: mlash

Leaderboard is updated.

Yep, my iPad mini4 chokes when I try to screen record with the M2. So sad there are no more mini’s that can keep up with the latest DJI gear.

Mi mini used to overheat but the newest update for DJI GO 4 stopped the overheating do you have the lightest DGI go for update

I am submitting this SUICIDE CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

I picked up this super low gain omni mag mount 2.4 antenna for the roof of the car. You can be directly above at 400 feet (or max altitude) with all radio bars or 10,000 feet away (or both) with strong signal. I drafted my spousal unit to chauffer me around while I chased the car with the bird (piloting in the passenger seat). This was a proof-of-concept flight to make sure there were no "gotchas" when exceeding the 59K limit. I have mapped out a 115K course on country roads and plan to try and put a big dent in the suicide class board. If I can find the right location (straight, flat, and open) I will put the panel antenna on the roof and try to beat the 59K modified class limit by driving out until the turn. Fun times!!!

1542832341214.png

Last edited:
Mi mini used to overheat but the newest update for DJI GO 4 stopped the overheating do you have the lightest DGI go for update
Do you have an iOS screen recorder? My mini runs great on the M2 until you turn on the screen video recorder.

I am submitting this SUICIDE CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

I picked up this super low gain omni mag mount 2.4 antenna for the roof of the car You can be directly above at 400 feet with all radio bars or 10,000 feet away (or both) with strong signal. I drafted my spousal unit to chauffer me around while I chased the car with the bird (piloting in the passenger seat). This was a proof-of-concept flight to make sure there were no "gotchas" when exceeding the 59K limit. I have mapped out a 115K course on country roads and plan to try and put a big dent in the suicide class board. If I can find the right location (straight, flat, and open) I will put the panel antenna on the roof and try to beat the 59K modified class limit by driving out until the turn. Fun times!!!

View attachment 53975

Nicely done! Now your number one into categories[emoji106]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll