DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Anyone ordering a 2 this week?

Are windsurfers allowed for stock? Assuming the M2 is capable of well over 6 miles, I don't think many people are going to risk a $1300 aircraft with a stock RC and stock RTH speed.

My gut instinct says devices like the windsurfers do not count as modification because it's 100% passive and does not modify the RC hardware. That would be my ruling if left for me to decide. Otherwise we will be nit-picking to the point of absurdity.

I would encourage everyone to get as many STOCK CLASS flights in first so that we can establish a firm baseline in advance of all the mod's that will quickly come soon after. I had kind of lost interest in the Mavic1, but am super stoked to start all this up again on a new and improved platform! I hope you guys are as excited as I am... and let's hope there is not another artificial distance limit in the Mavic2. I can't wait for Lolo to dissect the new motors and their efficiency, and then for Chazz to strap on Inspire motors for the unlimited class :)

Well I went ahead and ordered the Zoom, I think I will cancel pro. Just curious what's everybody's order numbers begin with. The pro I ordered around 1130 Eastern time begins with 0019482 and the zoom i ordered later this afternoon begins with 0019838.

Just curious... I see that a couple of you ordered the zoom... wouldn't it be safe to say that it is the same camera that's strapped to the M1 but now with optic zoom... with that being said are you guys just looking at the fun aspect of it or cinematic point of view on it. I ordered the M2P... for the new camera and wanted to see what your thoughts on the two are.

Oh and has anyone spotted the Go4 4.3.0 APK yet? I'm trying to sideload my BT-300 but can't find the APK anywhere

Which model all depends on your use type. I work in the Public Safety field and I believe the zoom would be a better option for quick identification of products on suspicious packages incidents and hazardous materials without disturbing chemical vapor and powders. It would also allow us to get photos at structures prior to overhauling burnt debris faster without having to wait for a larger UAS like the M210 with the 30x zoom.

Last edited:
Reactions: aljackie
Which model all depends on your used type. I work in the Public Safety field and I believe the zoom would be a better option for quick identification of products on suspicious packages incidents and hazardous materials without disturbing chemical vapor and powders. It would also allow us to get photos at structures prior to overhauling burnt debris faster without having to wait for a larger UAS like the M210 with the 30x zoom.
Now I can understand that completely, but I'm looking at it from the cinematography point of view... sure the dolly zoom is amazing, but as for deeper depth shots... well you know I'm sure no matter which one you get, you'll love it the same... just wish they would have blended both together instead of making us choose!!! Smart on them though, like holding back on the 60fps ;)

Reactions: SkyNinja
Which model all depends on your use type. I work in the Public Safety field and I believe the zoom would be a better option for quick identification of products on suspicious packages incidents and hazardous materials without disturbing chemical vapor and powders. It would also allow us to get photos at structures prior to overhauling burnt debris faster without having to wait for a larger UAS like the M210 with the 30x zoom.
Since the pro has nearly twice the pixel count, can’t it effectively digitally zoom close to the zoom of the zoom? Like on the MP today you can pinch the screen and get 2x digital zoom. I am making assumptions here, but if my theory is right, the pro is the best of both worlds??

Since the pro has nearly twice the pixel count, can’t it effectively digitally zoom close to the zoom of the zoom? Like on the MP today you can pinch the screen and get 2x digital zoom. I am making assumptions here, but if my theory is right, the pro is the best of both worlds??
I think the zoom allows a much lower cost of entry for pilots that just love to fly and not so interested in photography. Good move by DJI IMHO.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds

Never thought about it like that, interesting assumption, that makes my decision on which one to keep a little more difficult.

D*** you Beanbubba, I may have to keep both of them! [emoji38]

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
My gut instinct says devices like the windsurfers do not count as modification because it's 100% passive and does not modify the RC hardware. That would be my ruling if left for me to decide. Otherwise we will be nit-picking to the point of absurdity.
Parameter mods that are free for anyone would be nice for stock. I almost crashed in to a fence once while managing auto landing decent and trying to make it home on a smooth flight path.

It also means guys don't need to buy or build cruise control devices for their RCs.

Parameter mods that are free for anyone would be nice for stock. I almost crashed in to a fence once while managing auto landing decent and trying to make it home on a smooth flight path.

It also means guys don't need to buy or build cruise control devices for their RCs.

Did I word the stock section poorly about parameter mods? I thought we covered this one already.

Last edited:
Never thought about it like that, interesting assumption, that makes my decision on which one to keep a little more difficult.

D*** you Beanbubba, I may have to keep both of them! [emoji38]

Just keep them both, one will end up at the bottom of a lake anyway and you need backup :)

Reactions: SkyNinja
I have issues... I am sitting here contemplating what to do first when my M2P arrives.

1) Go fly it.
2) Take it apart.
I would fly it 1st if the weather was good but that's just me.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian