DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Suprising good for drone camera! Settings noted!
I was surprised as well and the results are better than I was expecting. I used auto focus and shot in JPG not raw because I to forgot to toggle that setting.

Long range content. Did this flight after the lunar eclipse:

6HstKcA.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, the mavic 2 looks like an amazing machine. Still gotta lotta work, but initial impression is [emoji106]
Edit] shout out to thunderdrones.

Last edited:
Reactions: lolo780 and mlash
Wow, the mavic 2 looks like an amazing machine. Still gotta lotta work, but initial impression is [emoji106]
Edit] shout out to thunderdrones.
It will still fly at 3v/cell. 10% will be around 3.62v so keep flying down to 0% and then watch voltage. At 3.30v you have about 30 seconds to safely get on the ground.

To set records you have to be willing to brick batteries, and I've wrecked a couple flying them well into the 2v range. By then there isn't enough power to maintain level flight but you can do a controlled descent into grass easily. The M2 will still maintain heading at 10V but that's the last time you'll fly that battery.

There was just enough upwards tilt to frame it. After the peak it went too high.
This was the best pic I could get with an iPhone 10 after a few dozen tries. The pic you took is truly an amazing testament to the M2 camera system. These conditions are one of the most difficult to capture and you even captured a few stars in the image. Amazing...

1548304285272.png

Got the M2Z up in the air yesterday, just around a big field to run it through the paces, and I realized that I'm not a very good pilot!
Besides not having started up an aircraft for a few months. The reality is I'm only used to going straight out and straight back[emoji41]
Any other maneuvers I'm going to have to really work at. Can't wait till spring

Reactions: chazz and Aumoe
Got the M2Z up in the air yesterday, just around a big field to run it through the paces, and I realized that I'm not a very good pilot!
Besides not having started up an aircraft for a few months. The reality is I'm only used to going straight out and straight back[emoji41]
Any other maneuvers I'm going to have to really work at. Can't wait till spring
How do you like it compared to a P4 or M1?

I just upgraded to 300 firmware and low temperature battery charging is confirmed to work now.
You can charge to 7/8 at room temp and then chill the pack in the freezer to top off the last bit. Previous firmware stopped charging below 15c I think.

Reactions: Aumoe
To cold to explore all the bells and whistles but flew like the m1 which is lightyears above phantoms. did get a lot of wind warnings and it wasn't really that windy
Speaking of wind, the parameters for the M1 wind alerts I don't see on the M2. Has anyone found this setting?

Does anyone have a source to procure long versions of the screws that the M2 uses to secure the top shell and bottom plate?

Alternatively, does anyone know the specification for the screws DJI uses?

When I needed a couple for the P3 I just took one down to my hardware store, not the big box chain store, and they was able to tell me and sell me what size I needed, although they didn't have the hex head, I had to settle for Phillips. It worked out though. But I would definitely check with your buddy @Thunderdrones

When I needed a couple for the P3 I just took one down to my hardware store, not the big box chain store, and they was able to tell me and sell me what size I needed, although they didn't have the hex head, I had to settle for Phillips. It worked out though. But I would definitely check with your buddy @Thunderdrones
Was it an ACE hardware? I noticed the big box stores don't carry extra small screws.

Reactions: dirtybum

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven