DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Another small bump for my max distance. I think even with perfect conditions somewhere around 9.5kms will be my limit. Unless...

What’s a safe min voltage these batteries can take.

3.2v (12.8 for the pack) was my understanding of a very low number, but I notice airdata mentions 13.9 as the red zone.

Anyone have any facts on the matter?

Cheers.

Reactions: Joebie and Aumoe
I'm a little surprised (disappointed) nobody else is getting any good flights in. I can't be the only one getting decent weather. Somebody needs to step up soon would be more fun :)

26d2f574594b78e8bc9176f91833b8b3.jpg

Supposed to warm up some in the next few days

Another small bump for my max distance. I think even with perfect conditions somewhere around 9.5kms will be my limit. Unless...

What’s a safe min voltage these batteries can take.

3.2v (12.8 for the pack) was my understanding of a very low number, but I notice airdata mentions 13.9 as the red zone.

Anyone have any facts on the matter?

Cheers.

Here is my cheatsheet of collected battery info from all the record holders.

NOTE: once you hit 3.2v, voltage drops rapidly down into the 2's and will brick your battery.

voltage-chart-v2.png

Last edited:
Here is my cheatsheet of collected battery info from all the record holders.

NOTE: once you hit 3.2v, voltage drops rapidly down into the 2's and will brick your battery.

View attachment 61463
A rule of thumb is that if your battery percentage indicator does not drop below 1% (to 0%), your batteries will not be damaged. How long you run at 0% will determine battery damage.

Your posts are always so short, come on give us the juicy details[emoji41]
I can post a video later but not very much to say really flight was steady this M2 flys like a dream look at stats on this 1 done today as well. wish we could remove limit

How do you stay so close to the ground on these mega distance runs? Is it a flight where you’re flying from the highest vantage point, at the beginning?

This applies the leader of stock and the people in mod class.

How do you stay so close to the ground on these mega distance runs? Is it a flight where you’re flying from the highest vantage point, at the beginning?

Look at his flight in google earth. He launches from the side of a small mountain/hill.

Reactions: Joebie and simonr23
The 59K limit is finally broken!!! Did you have to walk any to make this?
I did back the drone up as far as I could . Than I sat on my truck to fly. Take off point was in the road it did seem to help I Don’t have much room where I’m at to really walk any distance maybe 40 foot

So what the claim is, if you put the drone 200 feet behind you for takeoff, you can go 200 hundred feet further than the hard limit?

Reactions: lolo780

What bean said I start on a mountaintop pretty much

Sorry guys but I going to throw this 1 out there too and I’ll be done for a few days modified class @beanbubba thanks

Last edited:
So what the claim is, if you put the drone 200 feet behind you for takeoff, you can go 200 hundred feet further than the hard limit?

Stock and modified class has a hard 100 foot home point/RC radius to account for what is defined in the rules. So in those classes you can tempt fate and go out to say 75 feet and hope that GPS drift or high KP index is low that day. This is all within the rules and I check this on each reported run.

But Unlimited and suicide have no restrictions on this topic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan