DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Git tha popcorn there Dirk!!
Wish I could but that stuff is starting to get old But do let me say this .
I have did my best to not get in this thread no more than I have to but do when members that don't take the time to read our guidelines . Like # 15 @Hyperdark which is
  • 15. The Forum Owners strongly encourage users to obey all federal and local laws and regulations when flying. It is a helpful service to the community when members guide others in understanding and following the regulations. Meanwhile, fully understanding all international rules and regulations is complex and it is not the responsibility of the forum owners, moderators or community members to police and enforce these rules and regulations. Any violation of another community rule, even if in the context of attempting to help enforce flying laws and regulations, is prohibited.
Now you guys know or should you have an ignore button and do wish you would use it and not get into
arguments or whatever where I do have to step in . Just don't carry on when a member try's to call you out on this just refer them back to this post or that guideline and carry on .
makes it a lot easier on everyone . If they do continue do report it but as most know I will clean up a mess,
don't like to but will in a heartbeat .Thumbswayup

Best so far @beanbubba "I am submitting this STOCK CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

I was watching @Aumoe 's stock video.
Hysterical, we need a mo'money channel, aumoe would be fun to watch as a reality star, I was cracking up. He's flying a flight, all the sudden chick comes along needs some money, he's over there flying, counting cash, he did some negotiations, I think signed some papers, I think he prepared some taxes, , lit a cigarette, all while still flying the biggest flight of his life so far! Loved it[emoji41] then the greatest part at the end of the flight he's holding the remote in his hand! The guy doesn't have it on a tripod ,he's conducting all this business and still keeping his cool. I don't know I think he might have three arms, or maybe he just got the cash out and said "hey hold these sticks baby, just keep it pointed that way".
You the man Aumoe,that was entertaining.[emoji1362]

I was watching @Aumoe 's stock video.
Hysterical, we need a mo'money channel, aumoe would be fun to watch as a reality star, I was cracking up. He's flying a flight, all the sudden chick comes along needs some money, he's over there flying, counting cash, he did some negotiations, I think signed some papers, I think he prepared some taxes, , lit a cigarette, all while still flying the biggest flight of his life so far! Loved it
emoji41.png
then the greatest part at the end of the flight he's holding the remote in his hand! The guy doesn't have it on a tripod ,he's conducting all this business and still keeping his cool. I don't know I think he might have three arms, or maybe he just got the cash out and said "hey hold these sticks baby, just keep it pointed that way".
You the man Aumoe,that was entertaining.
emoji1362.png
Lol That's why I add music now to cover up my audio .It's always adventure nowadays when I go fly if not the family stopping by, work calling , or it's strangers popping in wanting know what I'm doing and if they can try it NOT TODAY is always the answer to that question:)

Last edited:
8woMdnd.jpg

t5LqWm8.jpg

o22SLSv.jpg

Lengthening the rear arms to have the option of 9450 P4 v2 props and reduce disc overlap with the rear bodywork. This will still fold like stock and fit in the compact Pgytech case.

As it turns out, DJI couldn't have designed this more perfectly for modding. The glue joints comes apart relatively easy and by sanding down another arm a perfectly aligned slip joint can be made. This arm is 27mm longer than stock.

Last edited:
8woMdnd.jpg

t5LqWm8.jpg

o22SLSv.jpg

Lengthening the rear arms to have the option of 9450 P4 v2 props and reduce disc overlap with the rear bodywork. This will still fold like stock and fit in the compact Pgytech case.

As it turns out, DJI couldn't have designed this more perfectly for modding. The glue joints comes apart relatively easy and by sanding down another arm a perfectly aligned slip joint can be made. This arm is 27mm longer than stock.
Is it a safe assumption you salvaged a previously crashed bird for the parts? :p

Reactions: Joebie
8woMdnd.jpg

t5LqWm8.jpg

o22SLSv.jpg

I feel like there are "regular people" and then there's "Lolo people". :D That nearly looks like it came that way from the factory.

Why not use P3 props??
P3 props are the same but I want quick release for convenience and travel, plus I have a bunch of P4s already. Also want the option to test P4P v2 9455s.

JU4x4Ik.jpg

18ga tefzel wire will fit through the stock rear hinge.

7rvw9Od.jpg

Finished and ready to test, first with 8743 stock M2 props.

B1GS7yi.jpg

Fits neatly in the Pgytech case.

9TSE8gQ.jpg

Vs P4P Obsidian.

Last edited:
I saw these props mentioned in another thread. I wonder if they would have a positive net effect on long range efficiency?

DJI Mavic Pro & Platinum STEALTH Upgrade Propellers - x4 Black
I have some and they are a little more efficient when running stock. Get lower rpms but when I tried with external batteries they didn't work as well as Platinum ones . I only tried them a few times and then I put them up . I Was just thinking about gettin them out and trying a couple of things last night . They are good quality an worth trying just didn't handle extra weight well for me.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I have some and they are a little more efficient when running stock. Get lower rpms but when I tried with external batteries they didn't work as well as Platinum ones . I only tried them a few times and then I put them up . I Was just thinking about gettin them out and trying a couple of things last night . They are good quality an worth trying just didn't handle extra weight well for me.
Try rears only. Up front you don't need as much pitch in forward flight.

Reactions: Joebie and Aumoe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929