DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

04AMcY5.jpg

oo0c7ld.jpg

9455S props mounted. For anyone wanting to do this mod, the props need to be reamed for the longer Mavic motor shafts and the adapters need some detail work for the ever so slightly larger bolt pattern.
So what's the verdict? Did it fly yet?

So what's the verdict? Did it fly yet?
I only tested under windy conditions so no good data. I think the RPMs are too low for peak efficiency and over propping makes it very wind sensitive. Hover and slow moving flights consistently around 30 minutes.

The best thing about the 9455S props is the low noise.

Reactions: dirtybum
I got a chance to fly today beat the record by a few feet with a hs8000 and battery clip @beanbubba submitting flight for modified class
Have you tried flying out and back again on the remaining battery to see what the total potential distance would be on the M2?

(Or anyone else?)

Have you tried flying out and back again on the remaining battery to see what the total potential distance would be on the M2?

(Or anyone else?)
I was not a math major but less see what I can do on my best run to limit I got back with 16% left so I averaged just over 1400ft per % it has 22400ft left to 0. It could make 70k with the right setup I think. On today's run got back with 11% averaged 1325ft per % had 14500ft left to 0 would not have made 70k on this one maybe 67250ft. Don't quote me on this lol

I got a chance to fly today beat the record by a few feet with a hs8000 and battery clip @beanbubba submitting flight for modified class
What voo-doo spell do you have on your M2 that you get consistent tailwinds both outbound and inbound? I am perplexed...

Reactions: Aumoe
What voo-doo spell do you have on your M2 that you get consistent tailwinds both outbound and inbound? I am perplexed...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A rare occurance, especially only 293m high.

Reactions: Joebie
I guess it does seem that way but half the time it's like I have a headwind both ways those flights just never get posted. The mountains make the wind difficult to judge

Last edited:
I guess it does seem that way but half the time it's like I have a headwind both ways those flights just never get posted. The mountains make the wind difficult to judge
Duhh!!! You wouldn't post the flights with poor scores :)

I am envious and jealous of your flight locale and thoroughly enjoy watching your results.

Reactions: Joebie and Aumoe
Duhh!!! You wouldn't post the flights with poor scores :)

I am envious and jealous of your flight locale and thoroughly enjoy watching your results.

This comment takes away nothing from your comments of his flight route or the success of his flight routes, but to me it's not the perfect route because the landing strip is so short that's why the videos will be very exciting to watch when he comes in closer to zero instead of the comfortable leads that this awesome battery has been given him[emoji41]
Ideally you would like to at least have 3000 feet between you and the nearest tree line for a comfortable close situation(riding on zero). But some of the best long-distance pilots there have been are the ones that are willing to risk their aircraft.

I don't know someone should take over but i think we should keep his thread going if possible. I hate to even think about it now . I'm not the one I have trouble posting my own stuff

Reactions: Former Member
After running the Mavic Air Leaderboard for well over a year, It would be my honor to help keep Beanbubba’s thread going. However, I don’t know if this is possible.
It would take some administrative magic by the staff here at Mavic Pilots.
Bean had already built the main leaderboard, so it would be just a matter of keeping it updated. If the MP staff can make that happen, I would be willing to do it in honor of Steve.

After running the Mavic Air Leaderboard for well over a year, It would be my honor to help keep Beanbubba’s thread going. However, I don’t know if this is possible.
It would take some administrative magic by the staff here at Mavic Pilots.
Bean had already built the main leaderboard, so it would be just a matter of keeping it updated. If the MP staff can make that happen, I would be willing to do it in honor of Steve.
I’m not sure what has to be done, it would have to be one of the Admins fix it so you could edit it. Message Clackey or TJ.
I would fix it if I could.

I’m not sure what has to be done, it would have to be one of the Admins fix it so you could edit it. Message Clackey or TJ.
I would fix it if I could.
Thanks Dirk. I will look into it.

Reactions: dirkclod
Ok, fellas, the MP admins have given me Beans thread. Let’s make beanbubba proud!
I will do my best to keep the Leaderboard up to his standards. The board and rules will remain as he intended. Let’s celebrate his life and his legacy.
I know he would say get out there, lol.. you guys do the same! This is for him...

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, if you are submitting a new entry, please give me a notification. @Long Ranger
I usually get them when someone post to the thread, but not always.
If you add the notification, I should receive it.
Thanx, LR..

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78