DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

I'm sure it's in the thread here, so excuse the question that's already answered, what is the max distance anyone has reached here with stock controller, I've read half the thread and noticed a lot of people using modded controllers. I never modded my controller on Mavic one and never found hiccup out to 50,000.

CyberNate’s 57,893 is the longest flight I know of using the stock controller. The only mods he was using was a battery clip and two MS4000 batteries.

Reactions: dirtybum
I am submitting this one for STOCK SUICIDE CLASS. no mods/additions of any kinds. up to date software/firmware, etc on standard ios device.

i flew to the turn around point without moving from my initiall ocation, buti did move after that, to collect the drone (and have as much current location info as possible- i 98% 'human' landed it)

had i known these boards existed, i wouldve chosen a different area to fly and gone for absolute max range(s). next time(s) :)

There is a 55,000 feet minimum for the suicide class leaderboard. You were close, give it another go and you should easily get this.

Ok, thanks.

I’m just testing for stock capabilities of the drones video feed, so I don’t technically qualify for this class.

Can we have a ‘simonr23 participation award/wants to lose his drone’ class ;)

In all these top scores, do you have to have full video signal still? Can people just fly using the lcd screen on the controller?

I have a score for around 6th/7th on stock class, but it’s from my house and I don’t want my exact location known. Anyway around this?(besides doing again somewhere else)

Ok, thanks.

I’m just testing for stock capabilities of the drones video feed, so I don’t technically qualify for this class.

Can we have a ‘simonr23 participation award/wants to lose his drone’ class ;)

In all these top scores, do you have to have full video signal still? Can people just fly using the lcd screen on the controller?

I have a score for around 6th/7th on stock class, but it’s from my house and I don’t want my exact location known. Anyway around this?(besides doing again somewhere else)
Sorry, an airdata share is required for consideration and it will reveal your physical location on google maps.

Yes, every flight on all the leaderboards maintain full video and telemetry connectivity during the entire flight.

Reactions: simonr23
lolo780 It was a serious question, it's an open forum and there is this large thread here that appears to be promoting illegal activity...I was hoping I have got this wrong somehow and someone could explain.

I apologise in advance if I'm missing the point I have not read the whole thread, but if I could come to this conclusion I am sure others could also.
please educate me.

lolo780 It was a serious question, it's an open forum and there is this large thread here that appears to be promoting illegal activity...I was hoping I have got this wrong somehow and someone could explain.

I apologise in advance if I'm missing the point I have not read the whole thread, but if I could come to this conclusion I am sure others could also.
please educate me.
Let me here again as in the other thread.Read the last sentence in guideline # 15
Also before you just jump in a thread please read it from the beginning .
Thank You

Aren't those the battery latch switches?
They appear to be electric locks for the battery release buttons (on the sides of the battery).

I have never seen a switch this tiny before (that Is a ball point pen in the frame).

1546817746921.png

@Aumoe
@mlash
And the rest of you in the 10 mile club, I watched some of your videos I noticed it appeared that most of you were flying with a tail wind at your back assisting you on the way out but pushing in your face on the way home. Is that what the kids are doing these days? Because that never was the old-school theory. I've specifically skipped flying on good days just because the wind wasn't at my back on the way out, mainly because I wanted the shove on the way back. Even noticed a few sport mode flights the entire time.

Reactions: Joebie
@Aumoe
@mlash
And the rest of you in the 10 mile club, I watched some of your videos I noticed it appeared that most of you were flying with a tail wind at your back assisting you on the way out but pushing in your face on the way home. Is that what the kids are doing these days? Because that never was the old-school theory. I've specifically skipped flying on good days just because the wind wasn't at my back on the way out, mainly because I wanted the shove on the way back. Even noticed a few sport mode flights the entire time.
It appears that full time sport mode might not be an issue on the M2. Jury is still debating. I personally will only fly out with a cross wind or head wind. Too scary with a return headwind when pushing the limit for me anyway.

@Aumoe
@mlash
With Me was just the way it worked out. Prefer it with tailwind on return but it is not a flight killer as long as it's not to strong

@Aumoe
@mlash
Not exactly, if you look at the "wind map" on my 11 mile flight you will see that I had a "tailwind" out and a "tailwind" back. Actually on my last couple flights it was like this. The wind out here changes direction at the drop of a hat but I have pretty much figured it out.

My 11 mile flight only took 36m26s (almost 5 mins faster than 2nd place) and I still had 14% left in the tank:cool:

Reactions: Joebie
Not exactly, if you look at the "wind map" on my 11 mile flight you will see that I had a "tailwind" out and a "tailwind" back. Actually on my last couple flights it was like this. The wind out here changes direction at the drop of a hat but I have pretty much figured it out.

My 11 mile flight only took 36m26s (almost 5 mins faster than 2nd place) and I still had 14% left in the tank:cool:

Yeah, thats wild! Seems almost unpredictable.
Thank all three of you for your responses.
All the dji models from p1 and up have been different beasts for long distance w/ there own learning curves, seems like the Mav2 is diff from all previous models as would be expected.

Reactions: mlash

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98