DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

It's a very interesting experiment & flight, and congratulations. But I guess I don't understand where the glory is following the AC with a vehicle. I thought the amazing part of suicide flights has always been that your signal could go that far. I must be missing something.

It's a very interesting experiment & flight, and congratulations. But I guess I don't understand where the glory is following the AC with a vehicle. I thought the amazing part of suicide flights has always been that your signal could go that far. I must be missing something.
Temporary rule until we can figure out how to break through the 59K limit.

Reactions: dirtybum
One-way flight 119,602ft Winds were out of the SE at 15mph. Didn’t get off to a very good start had to calibrate the compass. I had to keep on pulling off to the side of the road & letting cars pass me Controller in one hand and steering wheel and the other. The last 10% was scariest I ended up landing in the road which wasn’t my intentions Lucky there wasn’t any cars coming. What adrenaline rush though it would be a lot less nerve-racking if you had a driver and you could concentrate on piloting. But it was a fun experiment for sure.

Very Nice Run PabloThumbswayup

Edit: Did you know that those power lines where there at 2:04 in the video? I think you just skimmed them!o_O

Last edited:
Very Nice Run PabloThumbswayup

Edit: Did you know that those power lines where there at 2:04 in the video? I think you just skimmed them!o_O

Thanks brother... Yeah it was lot closer then I would’ve liked. I think I was like 170ft the power line I think there like 130ft or so. When I first started out it was kind a hard to get my bearings I was driving and flying. And the wind was pushing me sideways. Good stuff...

Reactions: mlash and dirtybum
I always thought these settings were for the distance limit. I thought some of the title or descriptions made what they did seem obvious but I really didn’t know.

g_config_rc_lost_search_enable – 0
g_config_rc_lost_search_p2p_dis – 5 , I thought this was the one for the distance limit…..
g_config_rc_lost_search_retry_times – 1 , How many attempts the program makes to reconnect after signal loss….
g_config_rc_lost_search_search_vel – 2 , how fast the mav flies while waiting to reconnect…

What i was thinking was a signal from the rc to the bird or vis versa or both or whatever was timed and when the time got too great the signal would be lost or disconnect. So, say at 10000 ft it would take 1ms for a signal to travel from the rc to the bird and at 60000 it would take 5ms. If the signal took longer it would disconnect. But I think a rf signal travels at the speed of light, no? could a difference in a signals time be measured or detected at 10000ft vs 60000ft? isn’t it too fast for a difference to be measured with this equipment? I don’t know, all I know is I messed with the “psp dis” parameter many times and it didn’t seem to do anything. I decided to mess around with “g_config_rc_cfg_rc_vib_enable 1” just to see if I could have ANY effect on the rc. I think it is pretty obvious what this should do, right? so I changed this to 0 and started the mav and the rc instantly vibrated which made me quit trying everything with the rc.
It used to drive me nuts!

Drum roll please........... <sound of drum roll rolling>

I am pleased to announce that a new Mavic2 world record in the SUICIDE class has been achieved on this day 12JAN2019 by Pablo Chacon. This has been recorded on the leaderboard in post #1 of this thread.

<sounds of cheering and clapping>

I always thought these settings were for the distance limit. I thought some of the title or descriptions made what they did seem obvious but I really didn’t know.

g_config_rc_lost_search_enable – 0
g_config_rc_lost_search_p2p_dis – 5 , I thought this was the one for the distance limit…..
g_config_rc_lost_search_retry_times – 1 , How many attempts the program makes to reconnect after signal loss….
g_config_rc_lost_search_search_vel – 2 , how fast the mav flies while waiting to reconnect…

What i was thinking was a signal from the rc to the bird or vis versa or both or whatever was timed and when the time got too great the signal would be lost or disconnect. So, say at 10000 ft it would take 1ms for a signal to travel from the rc to the bird and at 60000 it would take 5ms. If the signal took longer it would disconnect. But I think a rf signal travels at the speed of light, no? could a difference in a signals time be measured or detected at 10000ft vs 60000ft? isn’t it too fast for a difference to be measured with this equipment? I don’t know, all I know is I messed with the “psp dis” parameter many times and it didn’t seem to do anything. I decided to mess around with “g_config_rc_cfg_rc_vib_enable 1” just to see if I could have ANY effect on the rc. I think it is pretty obvious what this should do, right? so I changed this to 0 and started the mav and the rc instantly vibrated which made me quit trying everything with the rc.
It used to drive me nuts!
Did you bring any of this up in the M1 threads last year when folks were trying to figure out the 59K limit? I don't remember this coming up.

No it didn't work so i dint bother explaining it. that's when i was doing the testing. I dont know why dji does this. the the p3 lands at anything past 64000ft if the signal disconnects and this one returns home past 59000, its total crap.

No it didn't work so i dint bother explaining it. that's when i was doing the testing. I dont know why dji does this. the the p3 lands at anything past 64000ft if the signal disconnects and this one returns home past 59000, its total crap.
I can't believe with all the super smart engineering talent on this forum that nobody can find the software switch to disable this. I guess there are not enough of us that care about this to get the attention to figure it out.

Reactions: SkyNinja and chazz
Drum roll please...........

I am pleased to announce that a new Mavic2 world record in the SUICIDE class has been achieved on this day 12JAN2019 by Pablo Chacon. This has been recorded on the leaderboard in post #1 of this thread.

Lmao, Thanks bean & Thanks for putting together are M2 LR LB & all the Amazing Testing that everbody as be doing. I definitely left some room out there But doing the run by myself was the most fun & challenging part. Hopefully someone figures out what We’re missing with the LR Barrier. I’m confident that OcuSyuc 2.0 with the right antenna & amp Mod would do 20+ miles from the controler Easy... Ok who’s Next...

Last edited:

Well not quite Chazz. The P3 doesn’t go into land mode unless you trigger the RTH when your out passed 64,500 I was the first to discover this by accident. Traditionally when we executed our turns we always hit return to home and the drone would automatically line you up for the return trip. But since we were starting to really push the distances I stumbled across this flying try to get out to 12 miles. So from then on we would make the turn manually. And I know this can be removed With parameter changes I believe it’s been tested with the P3... I believe it in the controler parameters... That why I was curious if the P4p v2 with OcuSyuc 2.0 had this LR Barrier. Two different controlers same OcuSyuc...

Well not quite Chazz. The P3 doesn’t go into land mode unless you trigger the RTH when your out passed 64,500 I was the first to discover this by accident. Traditionally when we executed our turns we always hit return to home and the drone would automatically line you up for the return trip. But since we were starting to really push the distances I stumbled across this flying try to get out to 12 miles. So from then on we would make the turn manually. And I know this can be removed With parameter changes I believe it’s been tested with the P3... I believe it in the controler parameters... That why I was curious if the P4p v2 with OcuSyuc 2.0 had this LR Barrier. Two different controlers same OcuSyuc...

If we're being exact with the distance that it happens on the p3, I believe at 65448ft it will return home if signal is lost and one foot further at 65449 it will land if you lose signal. You can test this in the simulator. It’s not only if you hit return home but also if it loses signal it will happen. I live in an area where I have to fly high over dense forest and if the signal blinks for a second past the limit the bird is lost never to be found again. Actually on distance flights I think it’s better not to hit the return home and to swing a radius turn so the quick braking stop from hitting the return home doesn’t suck up energy. I’ve done a lot of research on this subject and changed many parameters and tested many times and could never come up with anything to stop the landing. It’s as elusive as the invisible wall this mavic puts up. BUT are you saying someone may have found something to stop this? Can you please point me in the direction to find this out?

Reactions: dirtybum
If we're being exact with the distance that it happens on the p3, I believe at 65448ft it will return home if signal is lost and one foot further at 65449 it will land if you lose signal. You can test this in the simulator. It’s not only if you hit return home but also if it loses signal it will happen. I live in an area where I have to fly high over dense forest and if the signal blinks for a second past the limit the bird is lost never to be found again. Actually on distance flights I think it’s better not to hit the return home and to swing a radius turn so the quick braking stop from hitting the return home doesn’t suck up energy. I’ve done a lot of research on this subject and changed many parameters and tested many times and could never come up with anything to stop the landing. It’s as elusive as the invisible wall this mavic puts up. BUT are you saying someone may have found something to stop this? Can you please point me in the direction to find this out?

I don’t know about the simulator but I’ve flown many flights and lost connection and reconnected far past 70,000 by climbing and gaining altitude. So just because you disconnect at that distance it doesn’t mean it will go into auto land. It might’ve been the case for you that you just lost connection and never really gained it im not sure. As far as changing parameters to eliminate the auto land check with Digdat I am almost sure he figured where this was on the P3 but the Mavic & Mavic 2 Barrier might be a unsolvable mystery...

The Occusync remotes will still disconnect beyond 59k ft even with no device attached, I tested this myself. Since the RC has no GPS that I know of, it must be a signal timer of about 1.2 microseconds. I had wanted to try the dual remote feature on the M1 and fly to the distance limit to see if there was any difference but never got around to it back then.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu