DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Like was pointed out in the comment page, drone DJ is just trying to get hits and shared, while trying to draw more traffic to their site. I would feel a little disgusted if they took something I posted and quoted it along with my username. But to be fair it wasn't really a private message, I don't even think you have to be a member on here to read along. And if I'm being 100% honest my least favorite part about that otherwise cool long distance flight experiment was that you were driving instead of riding shotgun while flying. But I've never been to Florida and didn't watch the video so I don't know just how lonely those roads are.

Yea, have a dual on pre-order. Also ordered a crystal sky because android is a requirement for the M2E pilot app and I only have iPads at the moment.
Kudos to dronefly.com as they have been very responsive on the enterprise dual backorder. Mine shipped today and they were very cool letting me cancel my crystal sky order (because the dji smart controller released just after I ordered).

Reactions: Aumoe and lolo780
Chauffeur
I noticed mlash flew well off to the side of the remote desert road he was on from the passenger seat. Probably a good rule of thumb for all of us in the future. We live and learn and move on :)

Reactions: Aumoe
I noticed mlash flew well off to the side of the remote desert road he was on from the passenger seat. Probably a good rule of thumb for all of us in the future. We live and learn and move on :)
Yes... Thanks @beanbubba! Now the real question is, Can we get the LeaderBoard Updated?:D

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Aumoe
THE FOLLOWING RANGE COMPETITION INFORMATION AND FORMAT IS BASED ON FEEDBACK FROM MANY FOLKS WITH A VESTED INTEREST IN THIS. I ENCOURAGE DEBATE AND OPINIONS BUT BE SURE TO CONFORM TO THE FORUM GUIDELINES. TROLLS WILL BE REPORTED. Community Rules

Official Mavic2 Range Leaderboard

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT (RULES EDIT VERSION 10)
This thread is to track and report the top 20 individuals that are able to fly their Mavic2 the farthest distance from their take off home point and return home IN ONE FLIGHT in each of the classes**. This does NOT mean total distance traveled, it means how far away you made it (as the crow flies) from your take off home point.

On this leaderboard, an Airdata URL link (Drone Data Management and Flight Analysis | Airdata UAV) is required and will be used to determine the max distance from your take off home point (not what the Go4 app says, which will always slightly differ from airdata). It will also be used to verify that your Mavic2 landed within 100 feet of the take off home point** (this 100 foot buffer is to allow for GPS reporting errors that happen occasionally during solar storms or high KP index; or if someone parked their truck where you took off (this actually happened to someone and a 100 foot buffer is a fair and reasonable number to accommodate). During your flight, your remote controller and antennas cannot move more than 100 feet away from your take off home point during the entire flight***. Airdata will be used to determine if this buffer was maintained.

View attachment 49148

You may only hold a single position in each class. Your best distance will be recorded and any previous records are discarded in each class. In the event of a distance tie, the lowest flight time will be the tie breaker. This is an example thread post that you would submit, but change the class and Airdata link to match your flight:

"I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.
https://<Your-Airdata-Flight-Link>"

The thread owner will typically update the leader board stats each evening. But please allow for and expect up to 5 calendar days for updates to be completed.

Although not required for consideration (but will add more validity to your flight if questioned), it is recommended that you record the Go4 app video of every flight and have this video available on youtube in case there is a dispute of your flight. Every flight must provide an Airdata link regardless to be considered with one exception, there have been reports that Go4 on the android will not record flights over a certain distance. If this happens to you, provide the full unedited Go4 flight video from takeoff to touchdown on youtube. Please do not edit the video except time lapse to speed it up and shorten the video length. This exception rule is subject to change if new methods are found or the Go4 bug is fixed.

Although not required for consideration (but will add more validity to your flight if questioned), that you attach to your submission a close up picture of your bird just before take off (on a scale showing AUW in grams) for those that follow this thread to see what mods you have used and compare to their own. This will encourage community engagement and would be appreciated by all.

If there is suspicion of cheating, or for any dispute resolution not covered here, the top 5 record holders of each class will vote and have final say on the matter in question. The thread owner will coordinate the vote and responses within 5 calendar days will determine the outcome. If there is a tie, the owner of this thread will determine tiebreaker within 3 calendar days. If the thread owner does not respond within 3 calendar days (due to vacation/holiday/etc.), the moderators of the site HAVE APPROVAL AT THEIR DISCRETION to make the vote call if an inordinate amount of time has passed and the thread owner is MIA for whatever reason. Alternatively, the moderators may choose to do nothing and let the matter sit until the thread owner returns.

NOTE: IT IS OUTSIDE THE INTENTION AND SPIRIT OF THIS RANGE COMPETITION TO CONSIDER OR ALLOW ANY TYPE OF PIT STOP OR MID FLIGHT BATTERY SWAP OR MID FLIGHT BATTERY CHARGE. YOUR BIRD CAN NOT MAKE PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH ANYTHING DURING THE ENTIRE FLIGHT OR IT WILL BE DECLARED INELIGIBLE (excluding UNLIMITED and SUICIDE class if Airdata considers it a single flight).

To share your Airdata flight, login and open the flight in question. Then click the share button (depicted below). Also make sure to enable the following share settings at a minimum in order to be considered.

View attachment 44775
View attachment 44773

Below is the Mavic1 legacy leaderboard for reference:
Official Mavic Range Leaderboard

Below are the primary Mavic2 mod threads for reference:
Mavic2 Battery Mods
Mavic2 Battery Controller Mods
Mavic2 Motor Mods
Mavic2 Radio & Antenna Mods

Straight-Line Inefficiency Percentage (SIP) = ((MAX*2/TOTAL)-1)*-1
Note: Suicide Class SIP = ((MAX/TOTAL)-1)*-1

STOCK CLASS (over 25,000 feet)
This class is 100% stock hardware and 100% factory software for the Mavic2 aircraft and Mavic2 remote controller. No modification of the physical aircraft or remote controller permitted in this class. One exception is to allow decorative skins and/or stickers to the aircraft or remote controller. The factory battery can not be overcharged past the published voltage capacity. The factory battery must be charged by the factory battery charger. You may change any factory supported software settings in the Go4 app. You may use passive non-powered materials on the remote controller like rubber bands or foil. No jettison techniques allowed in this class to reduce weight mid-flight.

FEET - MILES - METERS - ELAPSED - SIP - DATE - AIRDATA - VIDEO - POST - USER
1 - 37,457 - 7.094 - 11,417 - 27:17 - 0.048% - 23-Oct-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - Unkown Caller
2 - 36,197 - 6.855 - 11,033 - 25:50 - 0.083% - 20-Sep-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - lolo780
3 - 35,621 - 6.746 - 10,857 - 26:38 - 0.213% - 08-Sep-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - Pablo Chacon
4 - 32,500 - 6.1553 - 9,906 - 24:35 - 0.141% - 07-Nov-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - mlash
5 - 32,229 - 6.1040 - 9,823 - 24:29 - 0.386% - 22-Sep-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - DustinDunnill
6 - 32,164 - 6.0917 - 9,804 - 23:51 - 0.109% - 18-Nov-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - Aumoe
7 - 27,040 - 5.1212 - 8,242 - 20:30 - 0.614% - 13-Sep-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - beanbubba
8 - 26,321 - 4.9850 - 8,023 - 21:06 - 0.405% - 28-Aug-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - Cybernate
9 - 23,158 - 4.3860 - 7,059 - 18:13 - 1.319% - 02-Dec-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - StevietheWorm

MODIFIED CLASS (over 35,000 feet)
This class is 100% stock aircraft hardware, but additional systems may be added (including but not limited to, batteries, amplifiers, associated wiring, etc). This class specifically prohibits any removal of factory parts for weight reduction methods or any other reason. All factory hardware must stay intact and only additions are allowed (exception being small holes drilled to allow for routing of cables). The aircraft software may be modified in this class. The remote controller hardware and software may be modified in this class. If you decide to remove a fan, camera, extra screws, or labels from the aircraft, or if you want after market props or antenna replacements on the aircraft, you will need to report in the unlimited class. No jettison techniques allowed in this class to reduce weight mid-flight. Batteries can be overcharged in this class.

1 - 58,922 - 11.159 - 17,959 - 39:19 - 0.000% - 29-Dec-19 - Airdata - Video - Post - Aumoe
2 - 58,732 - 11.123 - 17,902 - 41:11 - 0.044% - 30-Sep-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - SkyNinja
3 - 58,283 - 11.038 - 17,765 - 36:26 - 0.207% - 23-Dec-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - mlash
4 - 57,893 - 10.965 - 17,646 - 42:17 - 0.276% - 18-Sep-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - Cybernate
5 - 45,644 - 8.6447 - 13,912 - 34:27 - 0.162% - 15-Sep-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - Pablo Chacon
6 - 40,869 - 7.7403 - 12,457 - 30:57 - 0.243% - 14-Sep-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - beanbubba

UNLIMITED CLASS (over 45,000 feet)
The only requirement in the unlimited class is that the main system board from the Mavic2 aircraft is used and the factory ESC board is used intact with 4 motors, together with a Mavic2 remote controller. Any and all hardware or software modifications are allowed in this class on the aircraft and remote controller. Jettison techniques are allowed in this class. Batteries can be overcharged in this class. ***The remote controller and its antennas can physically move location at will during the flight in this class (alternative methods from Airdata may be needed to calculate max distance from the original home point and will be noted here as this technique evolves).

1 - 49,500 - 9.3750 - 15,088 - 30:52 - 0.102% - 30-Dec-19 - Airdata - Video - Post - mlash
2 - 46,393 - 8.7866 - 14,141 - 35:37 - 0.376% - 19-Nov-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - beanbubba

SUICIDE CLASS (over 55,000 feet)
**Suicide class does not require a return flight back to the take off home point. This class has the same rules as unlimited. This class is for a one-way trip and no return home is required. Fly as far away from your take off home point until the batteries die and you land or crash.

1 - 119,304 - 22.595 - 36,364 - 44:23 - 0.249% - 12-Jan-19 - Airdata - Video - Post - Pablo Chacon
2 - 82,225 - 15.5729 - 25,062 - 27:35 - 6.925% - 13-Jan-19 - Airdata - Video - Post - mlash
3 - 75,803 - 14.3566 - 23,105 - 24:44 - 6.172% - 25-Nov-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - lolo780
4 - 64,668 - 12.2477 - 19,711 - 24:36 - 3.655% - 21-Nov-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - beanbubba
5 - 58,891 - 11.1536 - 17,950 - 17:55 - 0.005% - 28-Dec-19 - Airdata - Video - Post - Aumoe
6 - 58,840 - 11.1439 - 17,934 - 20:24 - 0.073% - 20-Sep-18 - Airdata - Video - Post - SkyNinja

:::
Wow!

Check out this true scumbag. DroneOn.co does any of the video looks familiar. DroneDj & DroneOn are true click bait ( Mod Removed ) of The drone world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.

Although this sucks for all of us, you are famous now :)

What kills me these morons don’t even live in the United States. I thought I seen a little snippet of your video Bean No give yourself some credit. These ( Mod Removed) are nothing but fear mongering ( Mod Removed )

Last edited by a moderator:
What kills me these morons don’t even live in the United States. I thought I seen a little snippet of your video Bean No give yourself some credit. These ( Mod Removed) are nothing but fear mongering ( Mod Removed )

It's funny that you're calling them morons when you was the one that drove a car with the remote controller in your hand[emoji41]
But all teasing aside, maybe these kind of flights should be bragged about here without posting a video. Without a video they don't have a story at all and no traction for their nonsense sites

Can you guys pull my stock flight off the leaderboard next time you update them? I know it's a pain in the *** and I apologize. I don't have a Mavic 2 anymore so I won't be participating anymore. If I don't talk to you guys anytime soon I wish you all good luck. This is a first-class leaderboard.

Reactions: Aumoe and Joebie
Can you guys pull my stock flight off the leaderboard next time you update them? I know it's a pain in the *** and I apologize. I don't have a Mavic 2 anymore so I won't be participating anymore. If I don't talk to you guys anytime soon I wish you all good luck. This is a first-class leaderboard.
Take it easy my San-Cap brother!

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum

This is a first class leaderboard very well put together & maintenanced by the OP. What the outside world doesn't see is that 99% of the flights posted here are actually done in a safe and carefully thought out way.
It disgusted me to watch that droningOn video and see this leaderboard and some of the responsible flyers usernames dragged through the mud. You guys didn't deserve that.[emoji1304]

You have been removed, sorry to see you go buddy!

You might be gone here but not in that video ,
Just saying.
3470928B-42E0-4651-A3D3-F4FD73448201.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada