DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

I think Airdata is the gold standard. I’m assuming the reason you are proposing to rule change is due to the android app failing to record data. If so what we are looking for is a creditable way to determine qualifying leaderboard flights.

Go4 video may be a good option but I’m not sure. Viewing a Go4 video are you able to definitively determine what type of drone is being flown?
Is there a better option of downloading flight data directly off of the drone?

Let’s make sure this is the best option and think everything through before we make any changes.

Now that airdata has second by second voltage reporting (looks like a direct copy of the old phantom site output), I answered my own debate of wanting to see voltage over time. Skyninja is correct and this proposal is just unnecessary additional overhead that is "nice to have" information that I would love to have, but not needed to get the desired result. Nevertheless, I highly encourage everyone to include a Go4 video with your record flights :)

Beanbubba, I’m not opposed at all to you having video requirement for the stock and modified class. Even though I have had issues in the past with my iPhone failing to do a screen record. This would definitely show them pilot is flying with a camera on there drone. I’m in favor of anything that shows that everybody is playing by the agreed on rules. If we were voting on it I would vote in favor of requiring a video, even though I’ve had problems with my screen recording in the passed[emoji106]

Beanbubba, I’m not opposed at all to you having video requirement for the stock and modified class. Even though I have had issues in the past with my iPhone failing to do a screen record. This would definitely show them pilot is flying with a camera on there drone. I’m in favor of anything that shows that everybody is playing by the agreed on rules. If we were voting on it I would vote in favor of requiring a video, even though I’ve had problems with my screen recording in the passed[emoji106]

I think everyone of us have had an unexpected screen capture failure. We shouldn't penalize someone that puts it all out on the line and gets a world record, then we disqualify because of this. I say we encourage video submission, but not make it a hard requirement. And then we should use the language that the video is valid backup evidence in case there is an airdata site failure.

09/08/2018-The Newest Stock Long Distance Mavic 2 Pro
Flight Distance World Record...

35,507ft or 6.72 miles or 10,822meters.
Wind out of the SE about 3mph fantastic day for flying. Land with 0%Battery left on the Beautiful Shores of Lake Okeechobee, Florida

Screen record coming...View attachment 45744View attachment 45745

Nice!!

I think we have a solid STOCK baseline and folks now know we are near the limit.

Great flight Pablo.

Reactions: Pablo Chacon
Nice!!

I think we have a solid STOCK baseline and folks now know we are near the limit.

Great flight Pablo.
I still would like to know where DJI marketing came up with 31 minutes of flight time. You had near perfect conditions and didn't quite hit 27 minutes.

09/08/2018-The Newest Stock Long Distance Mavic 2 Pro
Flight Distance World Record...

35,507ft or 6.72 miles or 10,822meters.
Wind out of the SE about 3mph fantastic day for flying. Land with 0%Battery left on the Beautiful Shores of Lake Okeechobee, Florida

Screen record coming...View attachment 45744View attachment 45745

Hey Pablo, I see you had 9400 feet and 4 minutes to fight off auto landing. Are you using one of these devices to make it manageable?

upload_2018-9-8_22-7-16.png

Nice!!

Great flight Pablo.

Thanks Bean, I got lucky On this one I was running very efficient for the first 40% so I thought I’d push it. I planned on turning around at 34,000 but the wind weather conditions were the best I’ve seen in a while. I feel fortunate to have made it back. What a rush & that Why we fly LR...

Reactions: lolo780
Hey Pablo, I see you had 9400 feet and 4 minutes to fight off auto landing. Are you using one of these devices to make it manageable?

View attachment 45757

Nope, if you put a Cruise control on then technically it’s not stock. But yes I’m well aware of the cruise control method we been using that since the first released of the P3 very helpful device. It saves your thumb for sure.

Nope, if you put a Cruise control on then technically it’s not stock. But yes I’m well aware of the cruise control method we been using that since the first released of the P3 very helpful device. It saves your thumb for sure.
We have not specifically called this out, but I am of the opinion that passive devices like this should be allowed. Should we disallow someone that wears glasses because they can't see the RC screen? IMHO devices like this do not modify the hardware or software and are passive aids like reading glasses or a tripod to hold your RC if your arms tire easily on a long flight.

This is one that can be debated either way, just sharing my personal opinion. And this can't be enforced or validated, all the more reason to allow it. Same goes with the clip on antenna reflectors, passive, little if any benefit, and not enforceable.

We have not specifically called this out, but I am of the opinion that passive devices like this should be allowed. Should we disallow someone that wears glasses because they can't see the RC screen? IMHO devices like this do not modify the hardware or software and are passive aids like reading glasses or a tripod to hold your RC if your arms tire easily on a long flight.

This is one that can be debated either way, just sharing my personal opinion. And this can't be enforced or validated, all the more reason to allow it. Same goes with the clip on antenna reflectors, passive, little if any benefit, and not enforceable.

However you guys want to make the rules is fine by me. There is a slight advantage for having a cruise control specially in landing mode you have to hone your piloting skills if you’re not using a cruise control method and fatigue sometimes sets in after multiple flights after the day. Wind surfers Great little devices in my opinion are not stock sometimes you have to research and travel to find the optimal flight path. We are very fortunate here in southern Florida to have such flatland and to basically fly out in the country no interference. If you’re not using the stock charger to charge your batteries not Stock. We have a saying in LR Stock is Stock. What is ever is in the box that’s what you’re flying with... I prefer the open class division myself...

Last edited:
However you guys want to make the rules is fine bye me. There is a slight advantage for having a cruise control specially in landing mode you have to hone your piloting skills if you’re not using a cruise control method and fatigue sometimes sets in after multiple flights after the day. Wind surfers Great little devices in my opinion are not stock sometimes you have to research and travel to find the optimal flight path. We are very fortunate here in southern Florida to have such flatland and to basically fly out in the country no interference. If you’re not using the stock charger to charge your batteries not Stock. We have a saying in LR Stock is Stock. What is ever is in the box that’s what you’re flying with... I prefer the open class division myself...
You make valid points. We have a fresh start here and I would like the community to look at all options and have a chance to reexamine old methods before they become set in stone again here.

You make valid points. We have a fresh start here and I would like the community to look at all options and have a chance to reexamine old methods before they become set in stone again here.

I’m easy man I just like to fly i’m not into splitting hairs. Speaking of splitting hairs where is Drity Crum at?

Cruise control is ok with me as the only way to tell is to examine the logged stick positions. Windsurfers ok as well.

A screen recording will show if parameters have been altered. Anyone going over 14m/s in P mode had to change normal mode tilt for example.

Charging voltage is a bit of a debate and you can get some extra by chilling the battery before topping off, then heating it hot before take off. I do that if I'm really pushing things, and routinely went over 10km with my lighted Mavic 1 on stock battery.

I always display my battery voltage on screen recordings but we should figure out what's allowed for stock runs so everyone is on the same playing field.

And an easy way to keep batteries hot is put them under your hood. The Mavic 2 won't heat the batteries as much in flight vs an M1 or P4 so it can really benefit from preheating.

Last edited:
Will it fly at 385g?

@lolo780 It would not fly:

upload_2018-9-9_22-24-47.png

I had to add the camera and the bottom plate electronic package back in order to upgrade the software and able to fly. But all the other components were left out and it still flew. Base bird AUW is now 493 grams (versus 385 grams). I suspect that I can remove the camera from the baseboard and leave that connected and drop a ton of weight. Will continue testing, but this is the new base line.

EDIT: unlike the MP when the bottom plate was removed it would quickly overheat; the M2's bottom plate is not part of the cooling system and that old issue is not a problem now!!

upload_2018-9-9_22-26-28.png

upload_2018-9-9_22-26-54.png

10,902m this morning with the Mavic 2 Pro. Stock hardware, parameters, charger. The stock RC was blocked by fog and the signal was crap, especially after the turn.

I had to use RTH which completely stops the aircraft before engaging. Anxiety moment!

Screenshot_20180910-051404_Video%20Player.jpegScreenshot_20180910-051622_Video%20Player.jpegScreenshot_20180910-051645_Video%20Player.jpegScreenshot_20180910-052432_Video%20Player.jpegScreenshot_20180910-053603.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000