DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Reminder to all, we are using the stats from the airdata site as the official record. The Go4 app and the airdata output are never identical (but always pretty close). Historically the airdata output shows a slightly longer flight in distance.

Sounds good to me long as everybody’s on the same page. I just cut and paste this from Facebook I usually go off the DJI logs. But you’re right the air data logs are usually couple hundred feet farther i’m good with it.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Nope, The sun was going down in a hurry I’ll post the rescreen recording it was basically pitch black out when I got back to my launch spot.
Do you ever experience an upwell of wind coming low off the lake when hitting the shore there? I was wondering if thats why that location has so many records.

OK, I finally sat down and created a formatted spreadsheet that I can easily reorder and paste directly into the xenforo interface. This should make updates much easier (and faster). I had to re-enter all the data to get started, let me know if I made any typo's on your flights.

View attachment 45452

Nice work beanbubba. We all appreciate you collecting and organizing the data.

Last edited:
Since I got this in an automated spreadsheet now, I went ahead and listed feet/miles/meters:

upload_2018-9-6_13-36-10.png

This is what I see.

Clear your browser cache or try a different browser. They recently upgraded their website.

upload_2018-9-6_14-51-29.png

Reactions: lolo780

Says I don't have a valid forum ID.

F&^% airdata

New Long Distance Stock Mavic 2 Pro Flight
Distance World Record...

32,250 ft or 6.11 miles or 9,829 meters.
Wind out of the NE 10+mph not the best long range wind conditions. Came in on fumes about 2% to 1% Battery left on the Shores of Lake Okeechobee.

Screen record coming...View attachment 45445View attachment 45446

New Long Distance Stock Mavic 2 Pro Flight
Distance World Record...

32,250 ft or 6.11 miles or 9,829 meters.
Wind out of the NE 10+mph not the best long range wind conditions. Came in on fumes about 2% to 1% Battery left on the Shores of Lake Okeechobee.

Screen record coming...View attachment 45445View attachment 45446

Nice run bro

I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

I was not trying to set any records, this was the first test flight with a battery controller external power mod.

Mod details can be found here:

Mavic2 Battery Controller Mods

The external battery was a thunder power 4500 LiHv. This gave some good baseline data points for attempting long range flights on the next attempt.

I also experienced this today several times. There is no precision landing on the M2 today. Closest I saw was about 4 foot.

They built the M2 like a dream inside. Every last part is independently removable and you can shed nearly 200 grams just unscrewing components. This will make for a fun unlimited class competition. I am stoked!!

With some time and patience, I bet you could creatively shed another 50 grams off the base bird (but void the warranty)...

dronemods-2018-532.png dronemods-2018-531.png dronemods-2018-530.png

Will it fly at 385g?
And you can't deny the possibility of putting native P3 4S motors on the native 4S M2 with its new cooling system. It's almost like DJI listened to every last complaint we had from the MP and accounted for it. I know... baby steps... one day at a time... one can dream :)

@chazz

I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

This was the 2nd test flight with the battery controller power mod. I think we can call the mod a keeper so far. Still get lots of Go4 errors, but nothing new we haven't seen before. Full up and full throttle (at the same time under heay load) makes the Go4 app just puke on itself with errors.

I also noticed the flight controls were very sluggish and high latency responses. Towards the end of the flight I coulnd't get the giimbal up/down positioned where I wanted it because of multi second control input latency. Will have to work on that and figure it out. I suspect that my ipad was the culprit because of those stoopid mobile CPU errors, but not sure yet.

Anyway, this flight was with the factory battery and dual TP4500LiHv's charged to 17.6v. There are enough data points in this flight to make some pretty good estimates for running it out to the limit. Had lights winds around 4mph for the flight.

NOTE: even with obsitcal avoidance disabled, the upward sensor would not allow the bird to takeoff when the power cable ran across the "eye" at the top rear of the bird. I had to tape the cable to the side of it to take off. Not sure how to disable it, any ideas?? You will also notice a couple rookie auto landing mistakes in the video; I haven't used assistant yet to modify the battery parameters.

ALSO: the motors were hot after the flight, but at the top end of what we would call "normal" and AUW was 1595g.

I would like to propose a rules amendment to this thread that requires a Go4 video from takeoff to touchdown (time lapse allowed) in addition to the airdata share. Is anyone opposed to this? If you are opposed, please elaborate on your position why you are opposed so we can have an intelligent non-troll debate.

I would like to propose a rules amendment to this thread that requires a Go4 video from takeoff to touchdown (time lapse allowed) in addition to the airdata share. Is anyone opposed to this? If you are opposed, please elaborate on your position why you are opposed so we can have an intelligent non-troll debate.

I think that's a great idea. In the event someones screen recorder messes up on a record flight, the .DAT file could be submitted in place of a screen recording.

I think Airdata is the gold standard. I’m assuming the reason you are proposing to rule change is due to the android app failing to record data. If so what we are looking for is a creditable way to determine qualifying leaderboard flights.

Go4 video may be a good option but I’m not sure. Viewing a Go4 video are you able to definitively determine what type of drone is being flown?
Is there a better option of downloading flight data directly off of the drone?

Let’s make sure this is the best option and think everything through before we make any changes.

Reactions: lolo780
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife