DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Why not @beanbubba "I am submitting this SUICIDE CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyNinja
Why not @beanbubba "I am submitting this SUICIDE CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.
Thankfully you got it back! Wonder what happened, any clue? What battery was you using? Can you post video?

Thankfully you got it back! Wonder what happened, any clue? What battery was you using? Can you post video?
Video is up on post now . Was using the 4200proteks hit limit with 62%left it landed right where it disconnected facing away from home . Was still on when I got there 50% battery left

Last edited:
Video is up on post now . Was using the 4200proteks hit limit with 62%left it landed right where it disconnected facing away from home . Was still on when I got there 50% battery left
So as soon as it stopped it went in to auto land. Glad you retrieved it. Maybe a good idea would be to gain some height near the limit and then run towards the AC after disconnecting to make sure it doesn't drop below signal range.

The flight controller will also apply full brakes when signal is lost, which causes a huge power draw with external batteries. Softening up the braking will help reduce that.

Reactions: Aumoe
So as soon as it stopped it went in to auto land. Glad you retrieved it. Maybe a good idea would be to gain some height near the limit and then run towards the AC after disconnecting to make sure it doesn't drop below signal range.

The flight controller will also apply full brakes when signal is lost, which causes a huge power draw with external batteries. Softening up the braking will help reduce that.
yes I'm very happy I was able to get it back in near perfect condition. Cracked a couple of props on landing
I have brake set at 50 already an i do believe that it did landed right away cause battery was still at 50 when I got there 20 minutes later.

yes I'm very happy I was able to get it back in near perfect condition. Cracked a couple of props on landing
I have brake set at 50 already an i do believe that it did landed right away cause battery was still at 50 when I got there 20 minutes later.
You must have been driving 100mph to get there that fasto_O:pThumbswayup

Hopefully the wind settles down around here this weekend and I can give it a try again!

Were you doing 2.4 only or dual radio config?

From recent testing, am I pretty sure if you are way over weight the heavy auto land will kick in before the radio has a chance to scan both frequencies and regain connection during the ~30 second blackout. From your video there was one tiny bit of evidence it reconnected for a micro second but I bet your attitude dropped below radio range before you could fully recover.

Last edited:
I started tinkering with it this morning and return to home was not working at all I had to go on then adjust the Esmart value and rc return home square was off for some reason. Working now an when I turned off rc it returned. Fingers crossed going to try limit again later today

Had a great run going today hit the limit an it didn't return. It did auto land got lucky landed about 2ft from water and trees everywhere. Took me 20 minutes to get there smh I got it back unharmed super lucky

Right when I was starting to feel good about flying out to the limit again.[emoji31]

Sounds pretty much identical to mine flight.

Glad you recovered the bird with little to no damage.[emoji106]

Right when I was starting to feel good about flying out to the limit again.[emoji31]

Thanks bro believe I got it fixed for me

made a run this morning scared the **** out of me but it did return take a minute r 2. @beanbubba "I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board it was hs8000

Last edited:

it works with these settings for me. I changed the Esmart value to 0 made it not work . It's at 2 now
20181229_085721.jpg

Reactions: SkyNinja
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada