DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

Look up 2 post an see how my is set. Didn't really change anything just fixed my screw up
I’ll have a look at the the parameters tomorrow. I believe I can hit the limit here in the uk but didnt fancy autoland, I’d rather pull up a little short otherwise, thanks again

Reactions: Aumoe
Hey @beanbubba here is my first attempt at the "Unlimited Class"
Everything was set up beautiful and went well until I got out past 35,000 and my signal went to crap! I've had this happen to me on this heading in the past , I think there is something in those mountains that doesn't want me over there! Next time I will choose a different line and see what I can squeeze out.

I had a tailwind out and back but I did get into some headwind the last couple miles from home.

I am submitting this UNLIMITED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Here is the Video. Sorry, I started the video 2500 into the flight again.

Everything was set up beautiful and went well until I got out past 35,000 and my signal went to crap! I've had this happen to me on this heading in the past , I think there is something in those mountains that doesn't want me over there! Next time I will choose a different line and see what I can squeeze out.

I had a tailwind out and back but I did get into some headwind the last couple miles from home.

I am submitting this UNLIMITED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Hey mlash, what in your setup moved you from modified to unlimited class?

mlash, you never know but the odds are very low that you would have significant radio interference in your remote desert location. If I were you, I would comb over all my antennas, coax cables, connectors, etc. and eventually replace all of them because if I was a betting man, you have one weak link in your radio chain that is giving you grief (been there, done that several times).

As a matter of fact, I replace all my radio cables, amps, and power supplies with new on a regular basis after chasing my tail a few times.

mlash, you never know but the odds are very low that you would have significant radio interference in your remote desert location. If I were you, I would comb over all my antennas, coax cables, connectors, etc. and eventually replace all of them because if I was a betting man, you have one weak link in your radio chain that is giving you grief (been there, done that several times).

As a matter of fact, I replace all my radio cables, amps, and power supplies with new on a regular basis after chasing my tail a few times.
I am thinking that my sunhans amp is going out on the right hand side (Might swap with the left). I done a flight with my Mavic Pro right after (using different cables) and was getting crappy signal as well. However, I have crappy signal in that area every once in a while on one day and the next day it's beautiful. I'm not ruling anything out right now though until I fly again.

What is a good antenna, I was looking at the 4Hawks XR!

I am thinking that my sunhans amp is going out on the right hand side (Might swap with the left). I done a flight with my Mavic Pro right after (using different cables) and was getting crappy signal as well. However, I have crappy signal in that area every once in a while on one day and the next day it's beautiful. I'm not ruling anything out right now though until I fly again.

What is a good antenna, I was looking at the 4Hawks XR!
Send me a picture of your current rig and I will recommend an antenna to fit your setup.

By the way, thanks for the heads-up!Thumbswayup

How tall are those ridges at 12k and 15k ft? I doubt there's interference out there. Did you happen to check the HD screen graphs? Set manual, 10MHz and non HD transmission and try some different areas of the spectrum.

Also try flipping the left front antenna leg if you haven't already.

Reactions: mlash
I’m surprised you guys aren’t running a custom built panel rig, 19dbi ite lite - terminator set up.

How tall are those ridges at 12k and 15k ft? I doubt there's interference out there. Did you happen to check the HD screen graphs? Set manual, 10MHz and non HD transmission and try some different areas of the spectrum.

Also try flipping the left front antenna leg if you haven't already.
Those mountains are less than a thousand feet. I've never messed with the HD settings so maybe I will check them out. Thanks

I'm almost willing to bet the next time I go out it will be good signal again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway!

I’m surprised you guys aren’t running a custom built panel rig, 19dbi ite lite - terminator set up.

19dbi panel set up I built, and also a smaller more portable 14dbi antenna set up
87530b5b7f2657c6b7a2b5439d04145b.jpg
9671f79c488d549f9b358ee69814213d.jpg
2b931fb81121693023419f460c3a6851.jpg
3793705ed91d1e046978ab54ad8832e0.jpg
0dcb471e59e0c699203bb3b2378f9ee9.jpg

Those mountains are less than a thousand feet. I've never messed with the HD settings so maybe I will check them out. Thanks

I'm almost willing to bet the next time I go out it will be good signal again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway!

Here is his elevation profile. Looks to be about a 400 foot slope on his flight line. PS - disabling live HD helps quite a bit too.
1546269939177.png

Don't forget you will need a 2-3 degree panel antenna up tilt too:

1546270762168.png

Reactions: Joebie and mlash
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member